+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why I Need Therapy

Re: Why I Need Therapy

gabriel, myrosiedog, buglover, and spoose!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I really don't feel much like a winner most days because my life is not at all where I wanted it to be. But I do know I am luckier than others and I do count my blessings.

I watched a very good show on tv called DocZone and it was about being Happy. It was so simple. Try to catch it if you can! I'm going to do more of what they suggested.

HOW TO BE HAPPY

Thursday February 14 at 9pm on CBC-TV & Saturday February 16 at 10pm ET/PT on CBC Newsworld

How many times have you thought: "I just want to be happy"?

Since the time of Aristotle humans have been trying to find the key to happiness, and how we can be happier. More than 35,000 books have been published on the topic, and it's been the subject of numerous TV shows, movies and motivational seminars. Now the pursuit of happiness has become the subject of serious scientific study, and the results show there are some simple things we can all do to make ourselves even happier.

In this documentary, we'll tell you what happiness is (and what it isn't), help you find out how happy you are, and give you practical tips on how you can increase your happiness.

Watch this program online.
    CBC-TV: Doc Zone
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

According to Russell the Pharmacist, on the show Grace Under Fire, the key to happiness is

Money! Great gobs of it! And a willingness to spend it on women half your age!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2796647;
    According to Russell the Pharmacist, on the show Grace Under Fire, the key to happiness is

Money! Great gobs of it! And a willingness to spend it on women half your age!
    I used to love that show and Russell was the funniest one on it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sorry you are feeling down missK! Your kitts and all of us at FORT (as well as LN) think you are the cat's meow! I hear that's a compliment.

Aww. Thanks PGM!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2796647;
    According to Russell the Pharmacist, on the show Grace Under Fire, the key to happiness is Money! Great gobs of it! And a willingness to spend it on women half your age!
    How do you get the Money and what if you are a girl? Boys half my age are just stoopid!

I told you everything that I know Maybe for women, it's "Money! Great gobs of it! And a man willing to spend it on a woman half his age!"
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2798561;
    I told you everything that I know Maybe for women, it's "Money! Great gobs of it! And a man willing to spend it on a woman half his age!"
    Ok. Men have been doing that for centuries! How about
    Money, Money, unlimited Money, and a man willing to spend it with a woman his own age!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2798561;
    I believe you have the first part right, but the last half should be "And it's MINE, with no one to tell me how to spend it!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Attachment 23963Attachment 23964

Just thought I'd pass along this website for anyone who is suffering from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

I bought the Trav-elite today and have just started using it. My oh my, it is bright!! It's 10,000 Lux and looks good. Easy to put together, comes with a carrying case and a versatile stand that allows vertical and horizontal positioning on a flat surface as well as shining up or down.

This company has other types of SAD lights.
    Attachment 23965Attachment 23966Attachment 23967

http://www.northernlighttechnologies..._travelite.php

I was also considering the LiteBook. It's smaller and easy to take back and forth. But it only produces about 5,000 lux. Still, that's good for people who work in offices or homes with low or little sunshine. The new Litebook says it can reach up to 10,000 Lux within 24 inches due to it's wavelength.

The man I talked to said he has had great feedback from the Trav-elite.

Light Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder, Jet Lag, and Shift Work

I'd actually like to try one of each and compare but they don't let you do that. You kind of have to buy the unit and unless there's a defect or misdiagnosis, they don't like you returning it.

I hope I feel happier using it
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 06:21 PM.

MRD

I need therapy as it is doubtful I am going to let the child live to see her 17th birthday on Tues.
    The pod people need to bring back the real child.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread