+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chub Club anyone?

Chub Club anyone?

WARNING: Excessive self-disclosure ahead!

Last year I donated a kidney to my best friend. While recovering I came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis which is yucky and painful and makes it hard to move. Also I had to take steroids that made me gain 30 pounds which is much more of me than I want to have lumbering around.

Now I think things have stabilized enough that I want to start working on losing some weight, but I'm notoriously bad at it. I figure it might help to have a "health buddy" to check in with every day and since I already come here regularly, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in a daily chat or email to encourage each other along the way. We probably wouldn't want to do it in a public thread and I'm sure the other members wouldn't be interested in reading the daily wailing and gnashing of teeth that will ensue.

Anyone interested? Email me at mollybrack@msn.com

I just started with the Atkins diet again (After having been off it since I got here to California cause well...there was a lot to explore here, including delicious cuisine...lol). ANyways, it's always great to have someone to compare notes with & for moral support, I think that would be great

Which diet are you considering?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I'm probably going to do my own thing for now, but may join Jenny Craig which I've had pretty good success with in the past. I got your email and will respond to it as well.

Anyone else interested?

Guys are welcome too!

I would be interested. I am doing it on my own...my goal is 1 lb a week. It is attainable and if I do more, bonus.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Count me in, working on my own isn't helping with these dang 20 lbs I keep gaining and losing and gaining again.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Yea! The more the merrier! Shall we set up a separate message board, email or chat once a day? I'm thinking the message board might be the easiest since we're forming a group. Wyndemere mentioned she might be able to set that up for us. (right?)

I also found an interesting site today. It's at www.dietsite.com and is a site where you can log what you eat every day and it will automatically calculate all the nutritional date like fat, calories, protein, etc. It looks like a pretty good site and it's free, which is always good!

Let's keep in touch!

P.S. to John - I don't know too much about how message boards work, but is there any reason that it would benefit the FORT to keep a thread going here?

I would vote for the messageboard route since it is hard to do a chat when all are online at once.

Just so everyone who's interested knows, I'll be setting up a private forum here for those interested in the Chub Club. That way, you're all welcome to stick around where y'all already are, and don't have to worry about re-registering somewhere else.

Thanks, John!

Thanks to John we have a Chub Club forum at the FORT! It's under the "Other forums" heading and is only for members. The good news is that anyone who's trying to lose some weight and get some support can join - just let us know!

Thanks again John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast