+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Stumped on what to get someone for xmas?

FORT Fanatic

Re: Stumped on what to get someone for xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2715502;
    CBS did a segment on Museum gift shops for gifts for Christmas

And I wanted to add that that is a GREAT place to get unusal items. Especially books.

Our museum doesn't charge you to just go in the gift shop and I don't think other mueums do either. We've gotten a lot of traffic coming in to browse the gift shop for Christmas. And we have stuff I haven't seen anywhere else. Not just related to what our museum is about either. But a lot of local type stuff I have not seen elsewhere.

So browse your local museum gift shops, you may find the perfect item.
    I used to get my Christmas cards from the Museum of Modern Art's catalog. So beautiful and guaranteed the recipients won't have seen anything like them.
    MoMA Store - Cards

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2715552;
    I used to get my Christmas cards from the Museum of Modern Art's catalog. So beautiful and guaranteed the recipients won't have seen anything like them.
    MoMA Store - Cards
    I've seen those before and they are really nice.

You can also buy museum tickets for that special someone. A set of museum tickets and maybe a resturant gift card and you have a great gift for that special couple to have a nice day out to enjoy themselves.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've pretty much got my Christmas shopping done, except for my Mom and Dad. They want "Nothing". I've been looking around for months and I just can't find it!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2715932;
    I've pretty much got my Christmas shopping done, except for my Mom and Dad. They want "Nothing". I've been looking around for months and I just can't find it!
    I swear I'm going to come up with an idea that I can market as "Nothing" for people to buy for people that say they want "Nothing". Like my husband.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2711367;
    We had mega problems with Creative and ended up finally getting an ipod. But this was before the big expensive Ipod video came out.

I reccomend getting something not too expensive.

Both my daughter and several of her friends have had theirs stolen. My daughter got hers back, but the friends did not. Of course this has also taught my daughter and her friends to keep a better eye on their stuff.

The Sansa shaker doesn't play videos, just mp3's and it'll run you less then $100.
    Me and my money are too good for Steve Jobs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;2711260;
    I need help. My kids, ages 10 and 7, are asking for IPods for Christmas. Since we have already bought them hand held video game systems, I want to keep this fairly cheap. My question is, for kids this age, what is better an IPod or an MP3 player? They are not into downloading videos or sending pics to their friends or anything like that. Just basically want something that they can use to listen to the songs that we can download from Limewire.
    My daughter, 9 years old, has a little lime green 1GB Zen Stone she loves. We had no problems with it. Installation was very easy, and we loaded all her favorite music on it already.

Amazon.com: Creative Zen Stone 1GB MP3 Player (Lime): Electronics
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456