+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stumped on what to get someone for xmas?

Re: Stumped on what to get someone for xmas?

brunette there's a Candyland Castle game that's out now that looks like fun for toddlers. But all the old standbys would be good. Hi Ho Cherry-O, Chutes and Ladders, Ants in my Pants (or your pants). Go to the game aisle at Toys-R-Us and you'll find tons of board games appropriate for toddlers.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I always buy books for toddlers. Any bookstore will have a wide variety of "board books" which are indestructible. Our friends' kids LOVE them!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I was also informed from her boyfriend that she absolutely LOVES chocolate. I have to give her my first gift on Monday, and that gift will be a Snickers. I know, it doesn't seem like much, but the teachers are limiting me to 20 bucks. For Tuesday-Thursday, it'll just be more chocolate. It's kind of a build-up for what's to come at the end. On Friday, I got this huge box of Twix candy bars from Costco. It holds 32 candy bars. And Twix always have double the bars, so she'll technically have 64 candy bars. She loves dogs, even the stuffed kind, so I got her this huge stuffed dog. Then I'm planning to get a dog toy for her actual dog that the stuffed dog will hold.

I don't know, that was what I came up with. I would have gotten her the Heroes DVD for the huge present at the end, but again, I was limited to 20 bucks. So what do you guys think of it?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2703335;
    I would like some advice for some gifts for my three year old niece. I'm looking for some games that would be appropriate for her age, fun, and a little bit educational. Any ideas?
    If she doesn't already have them, I'd recommend a set of blocks that come in the primary colors and different shapes. Blocks are good for both fine and gross motor skills and color/shape identification, grouping, etc. are basic skills but she won't know any of that is going on, she'll just be playing with blocks. If I had it to do over again, I'd stick with the basics like blocks, paints, a couple of dolls, etc. My kids had way too many toys and didn't play with half of them. I also like the idea of books. My kids liked the Berenstein Bears and Little Critter books. They're not board books but they're inexpensive and have themes like stranger danger, manners, keeping fit, getting along with siblings, etc.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2703335;
    I would like some advice for some gifts for my three year old niece. I'm looking for some games that would be appropriate for her age, fun, and a little bit educational. Any ideas?
    Are you in a position to get her a LeapSter (or there are other similar products)? My nephew loved that when he was little as he could flip the pages of the books and use the wand to activate sounds. It definitely helped develop his love of reading.

Candyland Castle sounds fun. We've played Candyland, Sorry (too young for 3, I think), Chutes and Ladders... and some of them have Disney or Dora versions that would be fun, too, if she likes a certain character.

How about puzzles with large pieces?

MegaBloks are great. Amazon used to sell a MegaBloks kit that came in it's own rolling carrying case, too. Your brother or sister would greatly appreciate it! Hee!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys! I'm definitely going to buy an etch-a-sketch, I forgot all about those.

I need help. My kids, ages 10 and 7, are asking for IPods for Christmas. Since we have already bought them hand held video game systems, I want to keep this fairly cheap. My question is, for kids this age, what is better an IPod or an MP3 player? They are not into downloading videos or sending pics to their friends or anything like that. Just basically want something that they can use to listen to the songs that we can download from Limewire.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Leo
    Premium Member

Since you said they're not into videos and you want to keep it cheap, I think an ordinary MP3 player would be better for them. Try something from Creative or Sandisk, who both make excellent MP3 players.

Leo, thank you so much! I was looking at one from Wal-Mart that I think is a Creative. Again, Thank You!!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

My son is only in his second year at daycare and I'm already stumped as to what to get his teacher. He's had her for the second year, so chocolates and gift certificate at a book/music store are out of the question. Do you have any ideas? I'm hoping to spend around $20. Maybe a coffee gift set? But what if she doesn't like coffee? My son is not at the age where he can tell me what his teacher likes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast