+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

MRD

Christmas 2007

Well Thanksgiving is over. Black Friday kicked off the shopping season, it's officially now the 2007 Christmas season.

We still have a naked tree, but the outside lights are up and the boxes are out of the attic. But I felt really puny today so put off the inside until tomorrow.
    Hubby got the outside lights up this afternoon, so it "appears" from the outside we are ready.

Here's to a happy, stressfree holiday season to all the FORT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Christmas 2007

Our daughter flew 'home' to college today, so the three of us decorated our tree yesterday. We bought an artificial tree last year, and it was wonderful to be able to decorate it with her and not have to worry about the tree dying because it's so early. We finished decorating the rest of the house last night, but the outside will have to wait until next weekend. It is fun getting back into the holiday spirit.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My daughter just got back from TG in Ohio and on the ride back from the airport asked if we could get a tree tomorrow. I told her she'd have to help me clear a space for it first. That ought to slow her down a little.
    Count your blessings!

I think for me, my official Christmas spirit kicks into full gear once finals are over. Only 2 to write this year, but not till the 6th and 10th.
    My unofficial spirit starts Dec 1 I think. But I already feel the festivities. I love this time of year. It's my absolute, without a doubt, favourite time of the year.

MRD

I will officially be in the spirit when the decorating is done and the boxes have gone AWAY! That will be later this afternoon!

We put up our artificial tree last night. It really does look beautiful..colored lights, old-fashioned ornaments.. a typical traditional tree.

We put ours up Friday. I will have to post a picture of it. My daughter has decided that a picture of Rick Springfield has a place at the top just below the angel.

We usually put our tree up Thanksgiving night but since my son-in-law was working we decided to wait until this evening to put it up. I'm also cooking another Thanksgiving dinner so we can all be together. I am a glutton for punishment.

My grand-baby is almost 18 months old, so I'm sure she'll be excited with all the baubles and lights. I can't wait for Christmas this year!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

MRD

Everything's done except the tree and will finish that up this evening when my daughter gets off work. Waldo has managed to ignore ALL the boxes, the tree and the mess. He has acted like they are totally not there. I truly think he is doing this so that we think everything is safe so that he will be able to run rampant when we are gone and get into everything.
    Or he may not be that smart to have that kind of plan. But I KNOW he's going to chew something, just not sure what yet. But his nonchalant act of not noticing the major upheaval is very strange. I think he's secretly bidding his time.

myrosiedog: I'm so very glad you are getting into the spirit and will enjoy this year's holiday season! How long do you expect your tree to last with Waldo around?
    roseskid: Oh, that is so very nice your daughter was home to help you decorate!
    Gutmutter: Yay for your daughter being home and in the Christmas spirit as well!
    Canadian angel: Good luck with your finals! I hope you do very well!
    dagwood: Wow you are really on the ball! Done already?
    angelic one: Traditional trees are very lovely.
    Dinahan: Wow! Another Thanksgiving dinner? Lucky you! Sounds like you will be enjoying your holiday with the little one!

As I mentioned in another thread, I got my outside decorations all up in time just before the temperature literally plummets tomorrow. It's also nice as I have had 3 days of people visiting the Home for the Holidays house tour across the street! I have had many nice comments about my home, even though I am not part of the tour I have garland around the front door and draped across the veranda along with Xmas flower boxes and lights. Also, I am non-traditional with purple bows and purple pointsettas. They match the house colors. One lady asked me if I decorated the inside of the house the same way and I do.

I just brought up my little silk rose tree which I decorate as my kitties (actually just Mr. Tootles) eats any real or fake tree and gets very sick. I don't have the energy to bring up all the boxes of decorations yet, but I left the lights on from last year.

It also snowed lightly today so that always gets me in the Christmas spirit!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast