+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

I'm peeved that several of my lights on my prelit tree decided to go out. Supposedly the hype is that when a light goes out, the tree stays lit. What the manufacturer fails to tell you is that one light can take out a section. And then to try and find which light caused the problem is extremely annoying. The tree is only a couple of years old but I guess the temperature fluctuation all year while it's in storage has decreased the life expectancy of the bulbs.

Anyway, so I go to Walmart to get more lights and the price of a pack of 10 (for some reason they only sell them in packs of 10) has gone up .20 from last year. I will be sure to buy a bunch the day after Christmas when everything is half off.

I received 2 Christmas cards so far. I will send some out for sure but I need to force myself to sit down and write them. I think if I put in a Christmas music cd it will get me in the mood.

I haven't put my son's gift under the tree because he suspects what it is and if I put it under there now he will know for sure based on the shape and weight of it . I might do a switch and put my husband's name on it and put my son's name on my husbands and then when they go to open them tell them to swap!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2709553;
    This year is crazy though. My better-half and I are getting married on Dec. 28th. Very small ceremony but we want to do it on the 28th because that is the anniversary of my great-grandparent's wedding. So - I am dealing with parties and dinners and a wedding all at the same time. Better-half/groom-to-be has promised to clean the house (YAY!). He can do that while I address the wedding announcements.
    Congrats, Doxie!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2709690;
    I might do a switch and put my husband's name on it and put my son's name on my husbands and then when they go to open them tell them to swap!
    That's a great little idea! I like it.

I got my cards done but missed the mailman so they'll go out tomorrow. One good thing about sending a bunch of cards is making use of all those labels I get from various organizations. I have about 3 years worth as it is!

Congratulations doxie! I love the sentiment behind the wedding date. I put the lights and the glass balls on the tree before the kids got home from school. Now we have to find a time for everyone to put the fun ornaments on. One thing about the excessivly wide tree my daughter picked out - there won't be a dearth of branches to hang them from.
    Count your blessings!

New Christmas video on You Tube for you .see my Lellis819 search word and look for Christmas 2007.
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

MRD

I forgot we bought a small pre-lit tree a few years ago. Last week when we were doing decorations, we plugged it in and guess what? The entire top of the tree was out. We ended up cutting off the lights and just adding a string. This just reinforced my hubby's dislike of the pre-lit trees and had him crowing that he was glad we got a non-pre-lit one for the "big" tree.

As I am banned for life on ever doing ANYTHING involving Christmas lights, I personally don't care what we get. I don't have to mess with the lights. The good thing about banning for life.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2693734;
    Every year my place of employment has a departmental decorating contest with some nice prizes. This year the theme is "Christmas in your favorite city". I'm drawing a blank here. Does anyone have some creative suggestions? We could do something from another country and decorate in their traditions (like put shoes on a fireplace instead of stockings) but I was trying to think of something more creative than that. Usually we are the crazy department. The first year we did Christmas on the Enterprise Bridge and had a Captain's (Yule) Log, computer terminals set up with appropriate screen savers, big cut-outs of the crew, and lots of other little things. Last year we got lazy and just had a festivus pole.

I suggested Christmas in Baghdad (with mines and soldiers and bloody body parts) but nobody else liked that idea.
    Sooooooo...inquiring minds (like mine! ) want to know what theme was decided on.............
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I think I am having a split personality Christmas. My mood swings from full Christmas spirit to Scroogism, sometimes several times in the same day.

MRD

I made peppermint bark today and gave the WHOLE thing to my daughter. I put it in a box with a Christmas bow and a tag and when she got home from work in another foul mood, it was waiting on her. It's made a HUGE difference. Think I will be making this daily now.

she's now happy and content and is eating peppermint bark for dinner. Life is good.

+ Reply to Thread