+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

Mmmmm. I had tons of veggies today. We made home-made chicken pot pie for the first time and it was delicious. Even with the peas.

We finally put up one of our Christmas trees today. It's a big 10 footer and a pain but really beautiful once it gets up. We have two trees every year. One is my pretty tree with the ornaments color-coordinated and the other is affectionately called the "Memory Tree". It's much smaller but has all of the ornaments the kids have made over the years or that we've received as gifts. I just can't seem to put up one tree anymore. When I was getting out the ornaments for the Memory Tree I looked at some of the ones with pictures of the kids. They used to be so cute.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

It is finally Holiday Time in my brain. Last night i watched Rudolph the Red-nosed Reigndeer on tv. My absolute FAVORITE holiday movie!

Don't forget, today is also the first full day of Chanukah!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Well hubby put up the lights out side and I've been cleaning the inside so I can do a little decorating, but I don't want to go over board because I've got cats and our place is so small.

MRD

Christmas has suddenly hit a brick wall here. I no longer am in the Christmas spirit and can't seem to even want to work on my cards or anything else. I need a big shot of Christmas juice!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Me neither. I am only sending out 5 cards this year.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2706950;
    That may be about my quotient too. I got my first card today.

Aww, the Christmas spirit will come back around. I had it, but it's currently muted while I study.. or try to study for my final tomorrow and Monday. After that, it's game on!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2706950;
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2706989;
    That may be about my quotient too. I got my first card today.
    I have received 2 cards ... and I am only sending to a few out-of-towners. I am just going to get out my Christmas card list call "my" locals, as well a a few out of state who are close and/or long time friends.

We just got word that a family friend is very ill and in hospice, and I got one of those light bulb moments ( it was a red and green light bulb ) that it's been way too long since I've actually talked to some nice people that I care about. The Holidays are a good time to let people know you care and the cards and the emails seem to get lost in the Holiday shuffle. I want to hear their voices ... and share a laugh or two. Know what I mean ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm trying to get Christmas under control. I've mailed the cards and started decorating. We're getting and decorating a tree this weekend. We have an annual Christmas party and that is scheduled for December 15th. Most of that is taken care of. I have done almost NO shopping though - so I am a little freaked out about that. We have always spent Christmas Eve opening gifts and having dinner with my parents. Christmas Day lunch is cooked by me and I enjoy doing that (Mom says that it was the best gift I ever gave her because she didn't have to cook it anymore).

This year is crazy though. My better-half and I are getting married on Dec. 28th. Very small ceremony but we want to do it on the 28th because that is the anniversary of my great-grandparent's wedding. So - I am dealing with parties and dinners and a wedding all at the same time. Better-half/groom-to-be has promised to clean the house (YAY!). He can do that while I address the wedding announcements.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Next year we are going to go away for Christmas. Maybe to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge.

The year we went to Disney for Christmas was great. I didn't decorate, bake, buy present, mail cards or any of the normal Christmas stuff. Hubby said we actually saved money by going to Disney for 3 days.

I think maybe now that my daughter is older and the "magic" of Christmas with a little child has worn off, that I'm much more eager to go somewhere and not have the burden of "doing" Christmas stress me out.

I think this weekend, I need to buy some egg nog and egg nog additives, and do a marathon Christmas movie extravanga and see if that doesn't get me more in the spirit.

We are going to "Christmas in Dixie" tonight which is being held in an antebellum mansion complete with docents in period dress, music of the tine and other activities. Because of the museum, I get in free which is even a better bonus.

So maybe all of this will put me in the Christmas mood.

However, I get to start the day remembering Pearl Harbor. We have about 30 8th graders at the museum today and I've been working on my Pearl Harbor history.
    Maybe its all the war stuff I'm doing that has me not very Christmas-y.

+ Reply to Thread