+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

And then do they try to tell you that you don't know how to best manage your time? That's the one that puts me over the edge!

I missed Shrek last night. I'll have to see if it's on again. I really like the Shrek movies.

My favorite Christmas movies are the old standbys - White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life - the oldies but goodies.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2697385;
    And then do they try to tell you that you don't know how to best manage your time? That's the one that puts me over the edge!

I missed Shrek last night. I'll have to see if it's on again. I really like the Shrek movies.

My favorite Christmas movies are the old standbys - White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life - the oldies but goodies.
    I have never watched It's a Wonderful Life all the way through.

My very favorite is A Christmas Story. Followed by The Santa Clause.
    And I adore Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
    My daughter is buying us A Christmas STory monopoly (she works at Barnes and Noble and her 40% holiday discount starts this week) and we have plans for Fri. night to pop that movie in the DVD player and eat snacks and play monopoly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2697429;
    I have never watched It's a Wonderful Life all the way through.
    I watched it once, and I'll never watch it again. It is the second most depressing Christmas movie ever, right behind Bad Santa. I can't bear watching Jimmy Stewart cave in and accept the boring lifestyle he so obviously didn't want. I'm pretty sure the suicide attempt killed a fair number of his brain cells - that's the only explanation I can think of for his capitulation.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

He did cave in; however, didn't you find it uplifing when he saw how things would have been different if he hadn't done that? That's one of the most uplifting movies I've ever seen. We never realize what an impact we have on another person's life. To be able to see that would be an amazing(and hopefully beautiful) experience.

He did cave in; however, didn't you find it uplifing when he saw how things would have been different if he hadn't done that?
    The movie doesn't say anything about what would have happened if George had followed his dreams, only what would have happened if he had not been born. Hmm, that could have been an interesting sequel . . .

My favorites are Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Christmas Story, and the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2697502;
    The movie doesn't say anything about what would have happened if George had followed his dreams, only what would have happened if he had not been born. Hmm, that could have been an interesting sequel . . .

My favorites are Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Christmas Story, and the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.
    Aw Newf, I see we have the same tastes. Better be careful, you'll shoot your eye out!

I thought WL was depressing too, but interesting theory about him following his dreams.

I think we could assume that if he followed his dreams, some of the same things would have happened as if he had never been born. Once he left the town to follow his dreams, the results would have been the same from that point on. If he wasn't there to bail the town out, the houses wouldn't have been built, etc., etc., etc.

I guess I just like to look on the positive side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2697548;
    I think we could assume that if he followed his dreams, some of the same things would have happened as if he had never been born. Once he left the town to follow his dreams, the results would have been the same from that point on. If he wasn't there to bail the town out, the houses wouldn't have been built, etc., etc., etc.

I guess I just like to look on the positive side of things.
    I'm going to take your stane on this one also ScoutMom. While the movie does have a depressing undertone, I think it is very uplifting to see, as someone else posted, how much one life can touch another. - Even those of us here at the FORT -
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

My daughter bought A Christmas Story monopoly and we played last night.

I have the best picture of Rosie and Bogie being the banks security (I always have to be the banker as no one else ever wants too) and they had to help.

We put on Christmas music and made bruschetta and pigs in blankets, hot cider and went around the Board to Ralphies story. My husband got the BB Gun (Boardwalk), but I got the "you shot your eye out card" and had to pay $150.

I now have permanent dibs on the leg lamp token, today, tomorrow and forever always.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2700378;
    I'm going to take your stane on this one also ScoutMom. While the movie does have a depressing undertone, I think it is very uplifting to see, as someone else posted, how much one life can touch another. - Even those of us here at the FORT -

Well I was just reading posts here and I said to myself "what the hell is a stane?" TYPO- should have read STANCE
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread