+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

Burntbrat, that "Captain's log" has me giggling. And Kirk in a Santa hat!

I wish my workplace would get together and do something fun like that. Most of these people are so uptight and dull. We stopped having a Christmas/family day because so many of them whined and bitched about everything, it just wasn't worth it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Well after 7 days, we finally put ornaments on the tree. I don't know why I'm being such a scrooge about Christmas this year, but I am having a hard time wanting to do any thing and I usually LOVE decorating. But its done now and it remains to be seen what Waldo will do. We have to be out of the house for several hours, so I'm lining up the kitchen chairs in front of the tree. (it's in a corner, so I should be able to fence it off).

He managed to chew a clip for tree lights WHILE we were decorating.

I bought him a guitar doggie toy for his stocking this year since he loves Ozzy Osbourne so much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good luck with fencing off the tree, MRD! When my son was a baby, I used to pen the tree up to keep him away from it. It worked for a toddler; I'm not so sure about a large dog!

I haven't even really thought about decorating yet. My son keeps asking when we're going to do it. I told him whenever he gets the decorations down from the attic! Needless to say, it's still not done. He's too busy thinking about when he gets his driver's license. He's into count-down mode - 15 days to go.

MRD

We had a moveable baby fence when my daughter was small and we used to fence off the tree. Hubby said he wishes we still had it for Waldo.

My daughter's first Christmas, she was in a walker and could get a running start across the room and slam into the fence which would slam into the tree and the ornaments would shake and she'd laugh. So not sure if the fence even worked on her.

I put the really "valuable" ornaments near the top and the ones I could "lose" or thought were Waldo proof near the bottom. So far he's ingored the tree and has gotten into other things.

I have a bigger problem with my cats. There's nothing that stops them! A couple of years ago, we had the tree in our family room. It has a vaulted ceiling with beams running across it at the normal height. I was looking for Whiskers and couldn't find her anywhere. She's normally not that great at hiding from me. I search and searched and was really starting to worry. I happened to glance at the tree and saw something kind of glowing in it. I walked over, and there was the goofy cat - laying on one of the branches of the tree.

So then my husband was afraid she'd get hurt (or hurt the tree - I'm not quite sure what his motivation was). So he tried to get her out, only she decided she wasn't having any of that! So she climbed higher and higher, and then ended up on one of those stupid beams! So then I was afraid she'd get hurt trying to get down, so now I made my husband get the ladder to get her down. By now, she's scared to death and completely over this little adventure. Needless to say, she made her feelings known, and my husband paid a little visit to his friend, the medicine cabinet!

Ah, yes. Good times.

MRD

When I was a kid, we had cats and dogs. One year, my grandmother was getting a wall mirror and my mom had hid it behind the tree with just a bow on it, no wrapping. The cat spent many hours behind the tree playing with the kitty in the mirror. We've had them climb the tree too.

Usually Rosie is our tree security guard. (and couch security and food bowl security and bed security. -she needs a shirt that says security on it. ) but Waldo is so much bigger than her, that if he wants, he just bowls her right over. But he does pay attention to her most times, but others, he ignores her. His big butt is his major weapon. He swings it and knocks into her and Bogie and does what he wants. I'm just afraid that big butt and big fluffy tail will do more damage than the chewy mouth does.

I always find it amusing when animals (mostly dogs) just don't realize how big their bodies are. They remind me of a teenager that has grown these huge feet, and don't quite know what to do with them!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2697299;
    I always find it amusing when animals (mostly dogs) just don't realize how big their bodies are. They remind me of a teenager that has grown these huge feet, and don't quite know what to do with them!
    Well we are a house of identity problems. Rosie has ALWAYS thought she was the size of a great dane and Waldo think's he's Rosie's size.

My question is why did it take 3 hours for my husbnand and my daughter's bf to put lights in approx. 9 bushes. Not big bushes, not more than 5 or 6 strings of lights either. It looks nice, but no way was that a 3 hour job.
    I think I was being hoodwinked. "If we stay outside, she won't make us do other stuff".

Exactly! That's why my husband will mess up what I ask him to do. Because he knows I'll get irritated and just do the next project myself! And it's really annoying that my son has started doing the same thing. I think you were hoodwinked also.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2697337;
    Exactly! That's why my husband will mess up what I ask him to do. Because he knows I'll get irritated and just do the next project myself! And it's really annoying that my son has started doing the same thing. I think you were hoodwinked also.
    Last night, after we finished with the tree, my daughter asked me to help her with something. I asked why she didn't ask her bf to help her and she said: "because he will mess it up". I looked at my husband and said: "I see he's already learned the man rule". He laughed, but bf asked: "What's the man rule?". It's the rule whereby men purposely mess stuff up so you won't ask them to do it again.

He actually had the grace to look embarrassed and said: "now you'll think I'm messing up on purpose". I told him not to worry, I was already used to Mr. Rosiedog doing that already.

My husband also has the ability to turn a 10 min. job into a 3 hour one. Same with the tree last night. I needed an extension cord. He of course found one right away, but it took him 30 min. to get it plugged in and looped behind furnture, etc. Meanwhile I wait and wait and wait. And I know that's what they did with the outside lights. He can piddle away more time looking busy but never seeming to get stuff done.
    ============
    We use lots of white tulle under the tree for a skirt. I bunch it up and pretend it looks like snow. Well I just went to pour a cup of coffee. Waldo and Rosie are both asleep on the couch and Bogie is still in bed.

part of the White tulle is now 4 feet out into the middle of the room. Nothing else has been touched. I can't even guess how this happened.

Hey, did anyone watch Shrek the Halls last night? We had it on while we did the tree and I was laughing so hard, I couldn't decorate.
    Last edited by MRD; 11-29-2007 at 09:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread