+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

burntbrat!! Ew! I immediately thought of of Christmas in Paris, but perhaps that's too banal (if romantic). You could do Christmas at the North Pole (Santa's workshop). I can donate empty boxes and rolls of old Christmas paper I never used up. You could do a Mexican theme with Christmas tidbits thrown in. Australian - basically any country you think you'd be able to find props for and then add tinsel and lights. I like you idea of using traditions that are different from ours.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

burntbrat, this is only half an idea, so maybe someone else can help complete it ... But how about not limiting thought of your "favorite city" to actual cities? What about going along the lines of more of a concept? What, I don't know. Paradise City just popped into my mind. Is there a way to do a Guns and Roses Christmas? Don't forget, I said it's only a half a thought. I'm sure that with the other half, it'd be a good idea.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

What a cool idea burntbrat! Do you have any pictures from the time before???

How about Hawaiian Christmas? Palm trees, coconuts, leis, flamingos (one of them with a red nose like Rudolph), a little sand with sand buckets, seashells, etc.

Or a New York Christmas...taxi cabs, subways, broadway marquees with lights above the desks, statue of liberty, apples on a tree (Big Apple!)

Christmas in Dixie (Alabama song)...all things related to the South....

Vegas Christmas...decks of cards, dice, tokens/chips, pictures of Elvis or Wayne Newton with a Santa hat on, etc....

Just a few ideas.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

or Christmas in My Hometown.
    which is pretty much Anytown.

I'm picturing the last scene from Monty Python's Meaning of Life with the send-up of Las Vegas floor shows and that immortal ballad, Christmas in Heaven
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

If you do Christmas in Dixie, let me know. I stumbled on a store that if full of Confederate flag stuff. You could do NASCAR, fishing, hunting, grits, etc.

Hey, go all out and do Christmas in a Trailer Park (Christmas in Trailer City).
    I could think of some really terrible things to use for that theme.

Several years ago, we had a friend that suffered through Hurricane Charley. Her Christmas card picture that year was of her boys with a piece of plywood with Merry Christmas spray painted on it, some blue plastic tarp on it and chain saws at their feet. It was hilarious and appropriate as they still had the blue tarp on the roof at Christmas.

So you could do Christmas in Fema City as that's what all the FEMA parks were called down where we lived.

I kind of liked the Christmas in Baghdad idea.

You've gotten some great ideas.

How about Christmas in Hollywood. YOu could decorate with those fake tan Barbies and DUI summons. (plastic surgery and bad stars getting DUI's seem to be the theme for Hollywood lately)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ugh we are still trying to sell the house so I am waiting until the last possible minute to decorate.
    I am completely finished Christmas shopping though (I have been since early November) and I finished Mr Dux's this past weekend so that at least is out of the way, now I can concentrate on baking.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2695053;
    If you do Christmas in Dixie, let me know. I stumbled on a store that if full of Confederate flag stuff. You could do NASCAR, fishing, hunting, grits, etc.

Hey, go all out and do Christmas in a Trailer Park (Christmas in Trailer City).
    I could think of some really terrible things to use for that theme.

Several years ago, we had a friend that suffered through Hurricane Charley. Her Christmas card picture that year was of her boys with a piece of plywood with Merry Christmas spray painted on it, some blue plastic tarp on it and chain saws at their feet. It was hilarious and appropriate as they still had the blue tarp on the roof at Christmas.

So you could do Christmas in Fema City as that's what all the FEMA parks were called down where we lived.

I kind of liked the Christmas in Baghdad idea.

You've gotten some great ideas.

How about Christmas in Hollywood. YOu could decorate with those fake tan Barbies and DUI summons. (plastic surgery and bad stars getting DUI's seem to be the theme for Hollywood lately)
    How great that your friend had such a good sense of humor about the whole thing and was able to make it funny for others during the holiday season.

I'm not so crazy about the Baghdad idea myself.... something kinda "icky" about it...JMO, of course!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The Baghdad idea was a joke. I also suggested Christmas in Turkey (where it's illegal to be a Christian) so we wouldn't have any decorations. These are all good suggestions though! Here's the only picture I could find without people in it. This is our captain's log from a few years ago. And that's Captain Kirk in the background with a santa hat.

One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

The StarTrek theme is hilarious.

Christmas in Miami.

Get plastic pink flamingos, put santa hats on them. Add a kiddie pool and some floaties, maybe a cardboard palm tree with lights, some sand, some shells. A tree decorated with shells and starfish for topper. An alligator and maybe some cigars or Cuban coffee.

And write everything in Spanish. Feliz Navidad de Miami! or something, I have terrible Spanish.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread