+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2692315;
    Please explain to me, speedy, why single guys just don't bother to decorate for the holidays or get much into the Christmas spirit?
    Your boyfriend pretty much sums it up. Not really worth it when it's just me. I do get into the Christmas spirit, just not in a candles-in-the-window/ wreath-y kinda way. I prefer caroling. There's nothing better than singing Deck the Halls to a complete stranger while doing the "Carlton" dance.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2692337;
    I prefer caroling. There's nothing better than singing Deck the Halls to a complete stranger while doing the "Carlton" dance.
    Is this a result of drinking some spiked eggnog beforehand?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I don't bother because Mona & Joey used to destroy anything I would do.
    Jump on tables knock candles down (not burning of course), eat christmas tree branches, play baseball with the ornaments, and generally make a mockery of everything I put out. You know what? Maybe I should buy some stuff and put it out for Joey to do whatever the heck he wants to do.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

we started a tradition of wrapping the dogs presents in tissue paper - so now nothing else can be wrapped in tissue paper alone - or it ends up opened.
    He knows those are his, and we can't put them out until xmas morning.
    the rest of the presents in normal wrapping paper can be out the whole month and nothing happens.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2692337;
    Your boyfriend pretty much sums it up. Not really worth it when it's just me. I do get into the Christmas spirit, just not in a candles-in-the-window/ wreath-y kinda way. I prefer caroling. There's nothing better than singing Deck the Halls to a complete stranger while doing the "Carlton" dance.
    Fa la la la la...la la la la.........

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oh 28 days days and counting. Not that I'm keeping track or anything.

14 sleeps till I go home. Cannot wait to decorate and enjoy all the Christmas time fun!!

schmoo2, your pup sounds like a smart one!

MRD

We have not been able to put presents out until Christmas Eve night for the past 8 years. Bogie was a puppy and was into chewing paper. I assume he'd be over it by now, but its just gotten to be a habit (tradition) that nothing goes under the tree until Christmas Eve.
    And now we have Waldo, so better safe than sorry.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dozer is a Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) - highly intelligent.
    but with the kids grown up - he makes the fun Christmas morning.
    we wrap his stuff like hard candy / poppers - he's so funny opening his own presents , although sometimes we help a little by playing tug with him.

MRD

Bogie and Rosie head straight for their stockings on Christmas morning. They KNOW and they head straight for them. I have many pictures of Bogies head buried inside his stocking. Will be interesting this year with the big doofus.
    We just put their stuff in their stockings and don't wrap it up. But we take down the stockings and put them on the floor and they manage to get out what's in them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Every year my place of employment has a departmental decorating contest with some nice prizes. This year the theme is "Christmas in your favorite city". I'm drawing a blank here. Does anyone have some creative suggestions? We could do something from another country and decorate in their traditions (like put shoes on a fireplace instead of stockings) but I was trying to think of something more creative than that. Usually we are the crazy department. The first year we did Christmas on the Enterprise Bridge and had a Captain's (Yule) Log, computer terminals set up with appropriate screen savers, big cut-outs of the crew, and lots of other little things. Last year we got lazy and just had a festivus pole.

I suggested Christmas in Baghdad (with mines and soldiers and bloody body parts) but nobody else liked that idea.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread