+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

MRD

Re: Christmas 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan;2734801;
    Myrosiedog, I WANT that cabinet!!! I have wanted one of those forever as well, but live in an apartment so I'm waiting until I get a house someday. I love those.
    Thanks. It took 10 years for me to get mine. I fortunately have a big kitchen now. And we found this in a shop that is out of the way and sells junk, so the price was good too. It is missing the flour sifter, but that's ok, I wouldn't have used it anyway and I can put a shelf in that side for extra storage which I do need. Hubby finally confessed what he paid for it. I don't blame him, it was such a good bargain, I couldnt' have kept that to myself either. When we first saw it, it was $200. He got it for $100. They normally sell for a LOT more than that. So I don't blame him for telling me the price.

I'm ALMOST tempted to resell it as I know I can get at least $500 for it. But I've wanted one for so long, that I'm keeping this baby. Besides, the green goes with my kitchen decor, so it was perfect! It has been my pride and joy since Christmas morning. I love it. It's been probably the best gift ever.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A Belated Merry Christmas to everyone here! I hope you had a wonderful time with your family and friends.

mrd: What a great cabinet. A little sandpaper, some paint, a new pane of glass and voila! Back to it's original beauty! I would love to work on something like that. I really like refinishing old furniture.

A new addition to my worst xmas presents: a box of peak freans cookies from my twin sinister. They aren't even my favorite. They are hers.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2735071;
    mrd: What a great cabinet. A little sandpaper, some paint, a new pane of glass and voila! Back to it's original beauty! I would love to work on something like that. I really like refinishing old furniture.

A new addition to my worst xmas presents: a box of peak freans cookies from my twin sinister. They aren't even my favorite. They are hers.
    No sandpaper or paint. Just a good cleaning. the glass is ok too, just grimy. I started cleaning it yesterday. It's going to take some elbow grease, but once I'm finished, it will look great. I like the look of old things and I don't like to paint them. I prefer the old, antiquey aged look. Besides it sometimes detracts from the value. Not that I am going to resell it. But I have a very "country" look decor and this fits in perfectly. Besides, te old, faded, scratched up look goes with me and my look.

I hate gifts like that. You know the person gave it to you because they wanted it. I'm sorry your sister wasn't better about gifts. At least you get one. My sister doesn't even send my daughter anything anymore and hasn't for the past 8 years. Try explaining to a 8 year old why her aunt doesn't love her anymore. Especially when my sister used to send lavish gifts. Well not lavish exactly. She sews beautifully. Almost professionally and she used to make these GORGEOUS dresses for my daughter and a matching doll dress every year and my daughter loved them. And then it just stopped dead, no nothing, no phone calls or anything.

The best gifts to find are the ones that when you pass them in the store you think of someone to give it to. I had one of those perfect gifts this year (the other gifts I gave were appreciated as well, but this one was a true hit). I gave my aunt and uncle two dish-brushes. The thing was, they were in metal and they like to have metal things in their kitchen in stead of plastic. So when I passed them in the store I immediatly thought of them. As it turned out they really liked them, even though I was a bit unsure since dish-brushes aren't exactly a fun gift. But they liked them and when I told them that I thought of them when I saw them, they said that those are the best gifts.

mrd: I'm sorry to hear that your sister isn't a very good auntie any more.

femmefatale: Oh, I agree. I love it when I see something and it jumps out with someone's name on it. Those are the best to give and usually the best to receive!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2735277;
    My sister doesn't even send my daughter anything anymore and hasn't for the past 8 years. Try explaining to a 8 year old why her aunt doesn't love her anymore. Especially when my sister used to send lavish gifts. Well not lavish exactly. She sews beautifully. Almost professionally and she used to make these GORGEOUS dresses for my daughter and a matching doll dress every year and my daughter loved them. And then it just stopped dead, no nothing, no phone calls or anything.
    And no reasoning? Why don't you ask - or is this the one you don't get along with?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2735960;
    And no reasoning? Why don't you ask - or is this the one you don't get along with?
    This is the one I don't get along with anymore. This is one of the reasons. She was GREAT with my daughter and once our dad died, then she dropped us ALL like a ton of bricks, but with no explanation, we had to eventually come to our own conclusions. I think I could live with it, but it hurt my child and THAT is something I still have a problem with. Now, my daughter says that she realizes my sister has some issues and she doesn't really like her either but mostly because of the way she was treated. I can't blame her. We really don't talk about it all that often anymore though.

My brother still sends my daughter gifts and he emails her and talks to her on the phone. He knows how to be a good Uncle.

This might be in the wrong thread.. if anyone wants to put it in the Christmas '06 thread, be my guest.

My mom came into my bedroom tonight (yes, January 1, 2008) and handed me a little bag and said, "The problem with buying gifts when I'm on vacation and hiding them until Christmas is that I forget where I put them... Merry Christmas from Italy!" Apparently, she'd purchased this gift when we went to Italy.... a year and 8 months ago! I cracked up, but it was a nice surprise... a tiny crystal and metal creche (I've started collecting them).

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2738677;
    This might be in the wrong thread.. if anyone wants to put it in the Christmas '06 thread, be my guest.

My mom came into my bedroom tonight (yes, January 1, 2008) and handed me a little bag and said, "The problem with buying gifts when I'm on vacation and hiding them until Christmas is that I forget where I put them... Merry Christmas from Italy!" Apparently, she'd purchased this gift when we went to Italy.... a year and 8 months ago! I cracked up, but it was a nice surprise... a tiny crystal and metal creche (I've started collecting them).
    I've done that before too. But what a nice surprise. Bet you NEVER expected that.

+ Reply to Thread