+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

My mom made the BEST chicken and dumpling for Christmas Eve lunch/early dinner. We opened gifts there on Monday afternoon and we drove back last night. Mike surprised me with a slow cooker/crockpot for my gift! I'll need to look up the recipes in the Recipes thread! He loved the DVDs and shirts I bought for him. It's been a very good Christmas for me - hope everyone had a wonderful one as well!

myrosiedog, is the bunnie's name Usagi? (ooh-sah-gee)

And after five years of asking for it, I FINALLY got the Singin' in the Rain dvd! I love that movie so much. My mom called me weird for wanting it.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

We LOVE Singing in the Rain, SuperBrat. Gene Kelly is hot and there are some great songs in that. PGM35 - we had chicken and dumplings for Christmas Eve, too! Yum. I was copying favorite recipes for my daughter and I found my original crockpot cookbook circa 1973 and I learned you can bake potatoes in it! It only takes 8-10 HOURS! I'm laying low today.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2733811;
    myrosiedog, is the bunnie's name Usagi? (ooh-sah-gee)

And after five years of asking for it, I FINALLY got the Singin' in the Rain dvd! I love that movie so much. My mom called me weird for wanting it.
    YES!!!
    She loves Japanese animae.

She has now renamed it Oliver. Don't ask me why.

I LOVE Singin in the rain. I love Gene Kelly

Burntbrat, I usually only have one, maybe two. I just don't drink much anymore and I've never been good at drinking in the morning much. I have to nap if I do that. Which I did yesterday.

But my mom started the Mimosa tradition and so we do it now in her memory. It's just something I can't give up I guess.

Here is my wonderful gift my husband surprised me with. Some call it a Hoosier cabinet, but its a baking cabinet from either the 20's or 30's. They are all pretty much called Hoosier cabinets now, but that's like calling all tissues "Kleenex". There were a lot made in Indiana at the Hoosier cabinet company, but this one was not made there, so technically, it's just a baking cabinet, not a Hoosier. Still I love it. I've been wanting one for years. He did good. This is probably the best surprise he's pulled off in 20 years.

Last edited by MRD; 12-26-2007 at 07:20 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow! That's really cool MRD. What are the delicious-looking things in the foreground?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

sausage cheese balls and pumpkin bread. Another Christmas tradition for breakfast.

My body is self correcting. I'm having oatmeal for breakfast and probably salad from Mon. for lunch and some of the roast chicken we also had mon. and will make steamed rice for dinner to go with the chicken. I'm so over all the holiday food already, I can't face anymore.

I hear ya! I'm going to encourage the boys to finish off the sweets today. I'm going to make curried chicken with coconut milk on rice today and then it's diet time for me.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2733894;
    I hear ya! I'm going to encourage the boys to finish off the sweets today. I'm going to make curried chicken with coconut milk on rice today and then it's diet time for me.
    I'd load up what's left and give it to the neighbors, but they gave us some of it. We've eaten most of the cookies (all of Queenb's cookies and most of the ones I made), but the ones the neighbor brought have barely been touched and they are really good, but we're all sick of the food right now. I'm thinking that Jello and broth I had to eat for those tests a few weeks ago would be good right about now.

And I feel really tired and blah, even though I've slept well, so I know its the food. I am ready to diet today! And I have actually. I have only had some oatmeal and chicken and salad with vinegar only on it. It was so fresh and clean tasting. Heaven! Thought I'd never say that. How can you get tired of the goodies? But I guess you can. Maybe its what they call aversion therapy. Eat until you get sick of it and then you don't want it anymore.
    (of course, I can't eat all that much, so I'm not eating huge amounts of anything, but its been a constant parade of food here it seems)

I did steel myself to get on the scale and I have actually not gained. Probably show up in couple days. I'm still losing, but have not lost any in a week, but have maintained, so I guess that's a good thing. But the decline still continues and it will be 2 years in March from my surgery.

Myrosiedog, I WANT that cabinet!!! I have wanted one of those forever as well, but live in an apartment so I'm waiting until I get a house someday. I love those.

Well I pretty much had christmas all day long, according to Donkey in MRD's sigy.

just a culmination of the rest of the year, and although I tried to help - hubby is more of a control freak than I am and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. spent much of the day in the bathroom (my sancuary cause I can't cry in front of anyone).

we have been together pretty much 24/7 since the surgery, he even stayed home to work and that is just wayyyyyyyy too much togetherness -
    we are into our 30th year. if i don't get more time to myself we may just not make the 30th anniversary.

+ Reply to Thread