+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

MRD

Re: Christmas 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2732774;
    The chickens are in the oven for Christmas Eve dinner. I put them in at 5:00 (a.m.) so they'll be done before anyone is up. I don't want any picking at the meat before the big dinner. I have to take the meat off and hide it in the fridge with a "DO NOT TOUCH' sign on it. Then I have to boil down the carcasses so we'll have broth to boil the dumplings in. For some reason my daughter is set on chicken and dumplings for dinner, so that is what we'll have. Once I've had my coffee here, I have to go start constructing the Rousse. That involves stripping angel food cake of any brown and cutting it into thin layers, making a custard, whipping both cream and egg whites seperately and then folding it all together and layering it with the angel food cake and chilling in the fridge. The sooner I get started the more homogenous the result will be. I was moving things around yesterday to make room for presents and realized I never finished knitting the scarf I'm making our exchange student. It is thick yarn and I only have a couple more inches to go, so that's my project for the afternoon. Putting on fringe is the time consuming part. All the kids were out way past curfew last night, but that just means they'll sleep later this morning. The energy of 4 kids ages 16 - 21 got to me a little yesterday. Footballs flying in the house, a Febreze battle, fingers picking at food I'm preparing, dirty dishes everywhere, the table I cleared full of stuff again. Breathe in, breathe out. Merry Christmas!
    That's the part I love although it can get annoying fast. But I love having a housefull of people having fun. That's what I miss most I think.

But............. IT'S HERE!!! IT'S HERE!!!! IT'S HERE!!!

I know I struggled all season, but now that it's here, I feel like a kid again. I LOVE Christmas.

We just have to go pick up the bunny today and get its cage put togehter and get it hid in the spare room while my daughter is at work.
    Like the man at the pet store said the other day when we bought it: "hey, it's not like it's gonna bark or anything, so you should be able to hide it ok"

I'm sure the dogs are going to think its a bonus year from Santa with "live game" in the house.

They may think THIS is their present. They've been sniffing around my closet because their stocking treats are in there.

Everyone have a very merry one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

I have been banished to the computer by my family.

I have whipped the dogs into a frenzy by talking to them in baby talk saying:

"Who knows who's coming tonight? Waldo knows, Bogie Knows. Has Waldo been a naughty boy? Rosie's been a good girl. Who's getting a stocking full of treats?" Over and over until they are literally dancing around the house and knocking stuff over.

OK, after reading that, I can now see why my family is over me. You probably are too.

I can't help it. I am always excited on Christmas Eve!!!!

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I hope that everyone gets to spend it with those they want and receive all the gifts (wrapped or otherwise) that they hoped for.

Enjoy!!

I extend my very best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to all my friends at the Fort. I hope everyone arrives to and from their destinations safely and enjoys the time spent with family and friends.

Wishing a Merry, Merry Christmas to all you lovely FoRTers. Hope it is all you dream it should be. Travelers, stay safe and godspeed. Enjoy!

I want to wish my FoRT family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS I hope you all have a wonderful day and you are surrounded by your loved ones.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I want wish everyone here at Fort a wonderfully blessed MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It use to be a tradition in my family every Christmas to go to the local Giving Tree and take a name off the tree and get the kid on the thing a gift. Well, this year, my mom and I descided to give gifts to somebody we actually know. There is a guy, Bob, who comes into my work. He's 22 and has full custody of his little brother, who is in the 6th grade now. He lives with his girlfriend, and they have a 6 year old (i don't know if it is his or is hers from a previous relationship.) This guy's mom was killed last year, when she was shoved infront of a Seattle metro bus. But she relenquished custody of her son to her oldest long before this (she was really into hard drugs and such).

So, my mom and I got the kids some toys and clothes. My mom told my grandma and aunt about it. My aunt worked at the school they both went to (the girl is still at that school.). So, my aunt and grandma said they want to get them something too.

My mom and I got them each a couple of toys, an art set, and clothes. My grandma and aunt bought them some more toys, and my aunt made the kids each a stocking.

Today my mom gave them to Bob and his girlfriend. Bob started crying and said when he was growing up, he would only get one toy and one other gift at christmas, because his mom said Santa only went to rich people's houses.

When my mom called me and told me this, I started crying. So that, dear friends, is what I think Christmas is all about.

Merry Christmas, everybody!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

That's what its all about SuperBrat...Bless you and your family!

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful FORT family...you never fail to make me smile, laugh, ponder different ideas and inspire me....May each of you get all that you want and be safe...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2733079;
    It use to be a tradition in my family every Christmas to go to the local Giving Tree and take a name off the tree and get the kid on the thing a gift. Well, this year, my mom and I descided to give gifts to somebody we actually know. There is a guy, Bob, who comes into my work. He's 22 and has full custody of his little brother, who is in the 6th grade now. He lives with his girlfriend, and they have a 6 year old (i don't know if it is his or is hers from a previous relationship.) This guy's mom was killed last year, when she was shoved infront of a Seattle metro bus. But she relenquished custody of her son to her oldest long before this (she was really into hard drugs and such).

So, my mom and I got the kids some toys and clothes. My mom told my grandma and aunt about it. My aunt worked at the school they both went to (the girl is still at that school.). So, my aunt and grandma said they want to get them something too.

My mom and I got them each a couple of toys, an art set, and clothes. My grandma and aunt bought them some more toys, and my aunt made the kids each a stocking.

Today my mom gave them to Bob and his girlfriend. Bob started crying and said when he was growing up, he would only get one toy and one other gift at christmas, because his mom said Santa only went to rich people's houses.

When my mom called me and told me this, I started crying. So that, dear friends, is what I think Christmas is all about.

Merry Christmas, everybody!
    What a touching and sad story with a very happy ending. Santa will be extra nice to you, your mom and aunt this year.

You are so right, that is exactly what Christmas is all about.

We used to buy for the Angel Tree project, but this year, I was having such a hard time just getting into the spirit, than instead of picking a child and buying for it, we made a $ donation instead, which they said they are just as thankful for as the gifts.

I'm so glad Bob and his family will have such a nice Christmas because of you and your family. I always believe that giving like that comes back to you tenfold in ways you least expect it. Not that we should give to get back, but I think you know what I mean.

Merry Christmas Superbrat, hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday.

+ Reply to Thread