+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

MRD

Re: Christmas 2007

[QUOTE=queenb;2730604;]Thanks for the bbinbama! I'm beginning to get a little more Christmas spirit; I did just about all my baking Tuesday, and when I got to work today I found out that they had finally settled the confusion as to whether I had a leftover birthday I could use to take Christmas Eve off (I do! ) and I won't have to work Christmas night. Beside that, the weather has finally gotten like the usual GA Christmas--just above freezing with cold drizzle.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see we are enjoying the same weahter. Although it may be a little bit colder here.
    My daughter's bf is driving to Florida today and I've had to convince him to not go at 6 but to wait until 8 or he's going to hit rush hour in Atlanta and sit there on 285 while it creeps along.

I am more in the holiday spirit. My baking is done and I'm feeling ready even though I still have a few things left to do, but nothing much except wrap.
    Waldo still checking his bed under the tree and nothing in it yet. I was going to put his stuff in his stocking like the other dogs, but now, it's going in the bed. I took a picture of the bed under the tree. I'll have to post it soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

misskitty - that is hilarious.

myrosiedog - it is currently 35 degrees here with a high expected of 39 today.. woo hoo beach day!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2730627;
    misskitty - that is hilarious.

myrosiedog - it is currently 35 degrees here with a high expected of 39 today.. woo hoo beach day!
    WEll that's better than it's been for you. Enjoy the balmy weather. It's 43 here and drizzling rain. I need to go to Walmart. UGH, I'd rather be beaten with a rattlesnake. But I found a pair of winter work overalls for my husband there. It's the ONLY thing he wants for Christmas and he needs them. He hates the cold even though it's not as cold here as other parts of the country. But these are waterproof, insulated and made out of heavy canvas so they should do ok in the construction field.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2730656;
    WEll that's better than it's been for you. Enjoy the balmy weather. It's 43 here and drizzling rain. I need to go to Walmart. UGH, I'd rather be beaten with a rattlesnake. But I found a pair of winter work overalls for my husband there. It's the ONLY thing he wants for Christmas and he needs them. He hates the cold even though it's not as cold here as other parts of the country. But these are waterproof, insulated and made out of heavy canvas so they should do ok in the construction field.
    Even though I went to the awful Wal-mart, I was able to find the almost same exact insulated work overalls at the Army/Navy store cheaper. As I was standing there looking at them in Wal-mart, a man walked by told me not to buy those to go to the Army/Navy store. I'm glad he did. Worked out much better. And I was able to pick up a couple things for hubby besides the work overalls, so he'll have a few things this year that aren't work related.

Yea! I'm all for useful presents as long as there are frivolus fun ones in there as well. Now who to give the pink glass (Dunkin') donut ornament with jimmies to?
    Count your blessings!

I'd like to announce that I am officially off work from now until January 2! Woo hoo! We are the only graphic design firm that closes between Christmas and New Year's and I am so relieved I work here! Plus, they pay us for every day! Time to sleep, go to some movies, etc. Love this time of year!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2731225;
    Yea! I'm all for useful presents as long as there are frivolus fun ones in there as well. Now who to give the pink glass (Dunkin') donut ornament with jimmies to?
    Me!

I love DD. They opened one in Oct. just a few blocks from us. I have been very good and have only been twice. I like their coffee much better than Starbucks (that's my story and I'm sticking with it! )

Well the husband is so hard to buy for and he doesn't need or want anything and I always hear that he needs work clothes or underwear. I hate to always get him that stuff, so I'm glad I found him a few fun things he'll enjoy. My daughter got him books (she works at a bookstore) and she told me today when I showed her what I got, that he can sit in his new underwear eat Christmas cookies and read his new books and be happy. He probably will.

I asked for new slippers. My old fuzzy ones are not so fuzzy anymore and won't stay on my feet, so I have to shuffle and then I trip myself. But my feet stay cold, so I wear them anyway. But Santa could really bring me new slippers and I'd be more than happy. Then I can wear my new slippers and read the books my daughter bought for me since I'm assuming I'm getting books too. I hoping so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2731225;
    Umm, how about... a certain roly poly Georgia gal?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I'm DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!

Everything is bought and wrapped. Got groceries and other than a couple odds and ends errands or last min. chores, I am DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!

And I am RELIEVED RELIEVED RELIEVED!!!!

Off to sleep until Mon. night!

And we have a menui. Christmas eve will be a roast chicken with stuffing, salad and creamed peas. There's only 3 of us, so a turkey would be too big.

Christmas day will start out with traditional Mimosas, pumpkin bread and then I'll make sausage balls and pigs in a blanket

Dinner will be a nice roast, garlic mashed potatos, green bean bundles and cheese cake and rolls.

Simple, not time consuming to fix and the best part is that I already had the chicken, the champagne for the mimosas and most of the other ingredients. Only had to buy the roast, green beans and salad. Woo hoo!
    Last edited by MRD; 12-22-2007 at 04:24 PM.

I'm done, too! I just finished organizing/wrapping and will only have the stockings to stuff early Christmas morning. I used to get up in the middle of the night to do those, but now all the kids are grown and want to sleep in, so I get up at my usual time and still have plenty of quiet time to do it. We're having chicken 'n' dumplings Christmas eve with Charlotte Rousse for dessert. That is my big tradition - my grandmother made it and it is time-intensive but worth it.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread