+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

FORT Fanatic

Re: Christmas 2007

There was a TV movie about 20 years ago called The Gathering. They used to run it every year but haven't been able to find it the last few years. It's not your run of the mill feel good Christmas movie as it deals with a man who has been given just a short time to live and wants to reunite his family (ex-wife, estranged children etc...) for his last Christmas. I loved this movie and it is impossible to get through without going through at least half a box of kleenex.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2722900;
    I don't think this one's been mentioned, but one of my all time favorite movies that happens to be holiday-related is Home Alone (and Home Alone 2, for that matter). Those were among the first movies I saw in the theater, and for many years afterwards, when we had Thanksgiving at my grandmother's (she didn't have cable), NBC would air Home Alone on Thanksgiving night. To this day, whenever I see that movie, it puts me in the holiday spirit.
    Home Alone and Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York are hilarious. The other ones without Culkin aren't so good
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2722642;
    Skipping Christmas written by John Grisham?? That book is HILARIOUS! I have it.

The other movie I forgot to mention is The Christmas Box (1995) with Maureen O'Hara and Richard Thomas, and of course Miracle on 34th St with Maureen O'Hara and a very young Natalie Wood.
    Yes, it's a Grisham Book. The movie is funny, but not nearly so much as the book.
    I have several books I like to read near Christmas. "Christmas Gift" by Ferrol Sams. It finally gave a reason to why my family has to yell "Christmas Gift" each and every Christmas morning. No one knew why before, only that we had "always done it". I like Grisham's Skipping Christmas. Now that I have A Christmas Story in its original form, I read that too. And probably one of THE funniest Christmas books I've ever read is "Christmas in Harmony" by Phillip Gulley. The progessive manager scene had me
    And of course, my very favorite is "The Night Before Christmas". My dad used to read it to me and then my daughter when we were small. I have my mom's copy from the 1930's, mine from the 1960's and my daughter's from the 1990's.

I forgot about the Home Alone movies. The first and second ones are hilarious. I'm not into those sad Christmas movies. I don't need help crying at Christmas, so I just don't watch many Christmas movies.

Gabriel this isn't a Christmas question, but since I know you know a bit about older movies, meet me in Koffee Klatch, I have a question.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-16-2007 at 06:20 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My favorite Christmas movie is...A Christmas Story, and any of the animated shows.

MRD

Here's a few of the handmade cards I did this year. I made 30 cards total.
    Once I get into assembly line production mode, they go rather quickly, but I tend to get board and then start experimenting with different things. Not all turn out so well.

I didn't think I would make so many this year, but I am hand delivering almost half of them to people at the museum and neighbors, etc.

They look gorgeous! Must have taken you a long time and I really love the sentiment behind them.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2723690;
    They look gorgeous! Must have taken you a long time and I really love the sentiment behind them.
    Thank you.

Honestly, they don't take as long as you think. I set up the card table in front of the tv and I make all the components and assembly line them. I enjoy it, so it may take me longer than I think, but I'm having fun, so the time seems to go fast.

It's one of the things I REALLY enjoy doing for special people at Christmas.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Gorgeous cards mrd....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2723855;
    Gorgeous cards mrd....
    Thank you. Just rubber stamps, some ink and paper.

MRD,those cards look really great. I would love to receive something like that in the mail at Christmas.

+ Reply to Thread