+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

DJeterFan - Well, since you've come clean, I will, too. I find that movie beyond annoying! Penible!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan;2722075;
    I am one of the few in the world who cannot stand A Christmas Story. Christmas is my favorite time of year, I love Christmas movies, and I LOVE the 40s and 50s. So you'd think I'd love that film, right?! I just do not get it.

My idea of Christmas humor is my favorite film of all-time, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! I've already watched it, oh, maybe 4 times this season. I will be watching it again today since I'm in with a cold. Not safe for the younger kids, but what a hilarious movie!

I thought I posted earlier, but guess I did not. While I have watched a Christmas Story and think it is cute, it is not among my favorites, neither is National Lampoon anything. *DUCKS Rotten fruit being thrown* If I had to pick ONE favorite Christmas movie, it would have to be Scrooge AKA A Christmas Carol (USA) with Alistair Sim.

Second place would be ties:
    One Magic Christmas with Mary Steenbergen and Harry Dean Stanton, The Christmas Gift with Jane Kaczmarek and John Denver, and The Christmas Wish with Debbie Reynolds and Neil Patrick Harris.

Third place would go to:
    It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen, A Town Without Christmas with Patricia Heaton, Christmas Miracle in Caufield USA with Mitch Ryan, Kurt Russell, John Carradine, Melissa Gilbert, A Season for Miracles with Patty Duke, Christmas in My Hometown with Tim Matheson and Melissa Gilbert-- That should do it.
    Last edited by just1paul; 12-15-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2722549;
    I thought I posted earlier, but guess I did not. While I have watched a Christmas Story and think it is cute, it is not among my favorites, neither is National Lampoon anything. *DUCKS Rotten fruit being thrown* If I had to pick ONE favorite Christmas movie, it would have to be Scrooge AKA A Christmas Carol (USA) with Alistair Sim.

Second place would be ties:
    One Magic Christmas with Mary Steenbergen and Harry Dean Stanton, The Christmas Gift with Jane Kaczmarek and John Denver, and The Christmas Wish with Debbie Reynolds and Neil Patrick Harris.

Third place would go to:
    It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen, A Town Without Christmas with Patricia Heaton, Christmas Miracle in Caufield USA with Mitch Ryan, Kurt Russell, John Carradine, Melissa Gilbert, A Season for Miracles with Patty Duke, Christmas in My Hometown with Tim Matheson and Melissa Gilbert-- That should do it.
    I don't like the National Lampoon movies either.

I just finished The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Now there's a nice Christmas movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2722560;
    I don't like the National Lampoon movies either.

I just finished The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Now there's a nice Christmas movie.
    I have not seen that in years. BTW -- I do not like Chevy Chase
    - The Dean Martin Show -

my fav: the original
    Miracle on 34th Street.
    and Pocketful of Miracles

MRD

I used to like him on SNL and I liked the Fletch movies, but other than that, I haven't like a whole lot of his stuff.

I'm not a huge Christmas movie fan, but I do love The Santa Clause. And Christmas with the Kranks was good too. But the book was even better. I read that every Christmas. It's called Skipping Christmas and its a very good little book.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The definitive version of A Christmas Carol is the George C. Scott version

I went to Walmart today and they had like a mini car show going with a DJ to collect for Toys For Tots. My daughter gave them a dollar and they cheered her like she had just given a million. She loved that. The kids doing this looked like teenagers. It was nice to see them doing something like this when there are probably other things they could be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2722575;
    I used to like him on SNL and I liked the Fletch movies, but other than that, I haven't like a whole lot of his stuff.

I'm not a huge Christmas movie fan, but I do love The Santa Clause. And Christmas with the Kranks was good too. But the book was even better. I read that every Christmas. It's called Skipping Christmas and its a very good little book.
    Skipping Christmas written by John Grisham?? That book is HILARIOUS! I have it.

The other movie I forgot to mention is The Christmas Box (1995) with Maureen O'Hara and Richard Thomas, and of course Miracle on 34th St with Maureen O'Hara and a very young Natalie Wood.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I don't think this one's been mentioned, but one of my all time favorite movies that happens to be holiday-related is Home Alone (and Home Alone 2, for that matter). Those were among the first movies I saw in the theater, and for many years afterwards, when we had Thanksgiving at my grandmother's (she didn't have cable), NBC would air Home Alone on Thanksgiving night. To this day, whenever I see that movie, it puts me in the holiday spirit.

+ Reply to Thread