+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2007

Re: Christmas 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2720263;
    I know that many of you like the movie "A Christmas Story". I've never seen it. Is it a good family movie? Will my 7 1/2 yr old girl like it??
    I think M will love it. It is a hilarious movie.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2720383;
    I think M will love it. It is a hilarious movie.
    I LOVE that movie. It is without a doubt my favorite holiday movie. My daughter has loved it for years too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

She should Duxxy. It's been my son's favorite since he was about 8 and he's 31 now. I bought him a Christmas Story t-shirt last year for Christmas and he loved it. ;lol

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2721187;
    She should Duxxy. It's been my son's favorite since he was about 8 and he's 31 now. I bought him a Christmas Story t-shirt last year for Christmas and he loved it. ;lol
    A couple years ago a friend gave me the book for Christmas. And this year our daughter bought us the Monopoly version of it.

I wish I had thought to buy the Hallmark ornaments when they came out.

It's a classic and I love that TNT plays it all day on Christmas. We have it on DVD though, so we can watch it whenever we want.

Spencer's gifts used to carry a smaller version of the Leg Lamp too.

Where'd you find the t-shirt Unk?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2721192;
    Where'd you find the t-shirt Unk?
    At a Walmart in Phoenix AZ last Nov. I did see them at Walmarts here in
    Columbus after I got back from vacation but I haven't seen them this year.
    ETA Here's some
    Christmas Story

Leg Lamp at A Christmas Story House Gift Shop - Products
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-14-2007 at 10:42 PM.

Gutmutter I'm sorry that your baby won't be with you for Christmas But it is very nice that she has a dashing young man who wants to whisk her away. LUCKY. I want a dashing middle-aged man with a ring on his finger to whisk me away for Christmas. No kitchen utensils needed.

schmoo I love that cast! I know it probably itches like hell but it's so darn cute! I hope you mend well, and soon.

I've never been a big fan of "A Christmas Story". It's really cute, but I'm not a part of the cult following it gets. I just think it's up there with the other Christmas classics but not anything to go nuts over. Give me "Uncle Buck" over that anyday!

My company had it's Christmas decorating judging today and we were robbed! Our decorations were fantastic. My co-worker made an huge palm tree out of construction paper, tape, and staples. I made fun of him the whole time he was making it but it came together quite nicely at the end. We did win first prize in our division but not the grand prize. We lost to Wisteria Lane. Freakin' desperate housewives are always ruining my fun. I don't have any very good pictures yet because I keep forgetting my camera. But here is a picture of half of our boat and the foliage of the tree.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2721552;
    Gutmutter I'm sorry that your baby won't be with you for Christmas But it is very nice that she has a dashing young man who wants to whisk her away. LUCKY. I want a dashing middle-aged man with a ring on his finger to whisk me away for Christmas. No kitchen utensils needed.

schmoo I love that cast! I know it probably itches like hell but it's so darn cute! I hope you mend well, and soon.

I've never been a big fan of "A Christmas Story". It's really cute, but I'm not a part of the cult following it gets. I just think it's up there with the other Christmas classics but not anything to go nuts over. Give me "Uncle Buck" over that anyday!

My company had it's Christmas decorating judging today and we were robbed! Our decorations were fantastic. My co-worker made an huge palm tree out of construction paper, tape, and staples. I made fun of him the whole time he was making it but it came together quite nicely at the end. We did win first prize in our division but not the grand prize. We lost to Wisteria Lane. Freakin' desperate housewives are always ruining my fun. I don't have any very good pictures yet because I keep forgetting my camera. But here is a picture of half of our boat and the foliage of the tree.
    That's pretty cool burntbrat. I'm a little confused though as I recall you said " ... the theme is 'Christmas in your favorite city' ... " Since neither Gilligan's Island or Wisteria Lane is a "city" per se is it safe to presume that anything even closely resembling the theme is acceptable ? I was wondering if any strictly adhering department has ever challenged for non-compliance ?
    Do you all wear costumes ... who does the judging ... and what are the prizes ?

Win or lose, it seems like it was fun. This is in an office right ... and is that that ship wrapped around a cubicle ? I think your idea was fantastic and congrats on winning your Division anyway !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This is my "tree" for this year. I moved in my first car load to my new apartment and set this up --- Happy Bunny Christmas lights and all

As my internet goes away tomorrow and isn't going to be up in my new place until January 4 I hope that everyone here has a wonderful holidays.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2721733;

This is my "tree" for this year. I moved in my first car load to my new apartment and set this up --- Happy Bunny Christmas lights and all

As my internet goes away tomorrow and isn't going to be up in my new place until January 4 I hope that everyone here has a wonderful holidays.
    Love your "tree" !
    I hope you have a blessed holiday season too, JLuvs.
    New Year, new place ... new adventures !
    Take care ... and wishing you bounty, warmth and health in your new home.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I am one of the few in the world who cannot stand A Christmas Story. Christmas is my favorite time of year, I love Christmas movies, and I LOVE the 40s and 50s. So you'd think I'd love that film, right?! I just do not get it.

My idea of Christmas humor is my favorite film of all-time, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! I've already watched it, oh, maybe 4 times this season. I will be watching it again today since I'm in with a cold. Not safe for the younger kids, but what a hilarious movie!

+ Reply to Thread