+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of TV do you have?

FORT Fogey

What kind of TV do you have?

When I first moved into my current apartment I bought a 65-inch projection television but found out, from the delivery guys, that it wouldn't fit into my front door because I'm up on the second floor.

Finally the technology's improved enough that all the flat screens will fit into my place (if they're tilted just right) so within the next month I'm going to bring home a big one, like 47 inches or bigger.

I can't decide what to get so I'd love to know what you're all watching?

Thanks

Re: What Kind Of Television (TV) Do You Have?

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2662476;
    When I first moved into my current apartment I bought a 65-inch projection television but found out, from the delivery guys, that it wouldn't fit into my front door because I'm up on the second floor.

Finally the technology's improved enough that all the flat screens will fit into my place (if they're tilted just right) so within the next month I'm going to bring home a big one, like 47 inches or bigger.

I can't decide what to get so I'd love to know what you're all watching?

Thanks
    I have a digital lifestyles 32 inch flat panel widescreen.

A 21" Mitsubishi that is almost 20 years old. It's still going strong, but the "1" on the remote is worn out, and the "2" is starting to go bad.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I have a 20 inch Panasonic regular tv that I've had for 15 years? It's still going great.

I just got a 36" Mitsubishi, free, from my neighbors. It's pretty much too big for the room but oh well.

My neighbors have several plasma tv's...LG I think.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

32" Sony HDTV. It was actually my dad's wedding present to us-- really like it!

FORT Newbie

54" HD projection panasonic, Tv. Displays 1080i resolution. I Got it on clearence at TARGET for only 1000 bucks. Those things cost alot more than that at 1089i resolution and that size.

We have a 42" flat panel Sony LCD. Our living room is about 14'x14'.. so it's not a big room and I actually find the tv a little big (I was happy with our 36") but watching a movie or sporting event is just amazing! We paid about $1200.00 for our's almost 2 years ago, we saw them in the Sears catalogue the other day for $1000.00 so the longer you wait the better your deal will be. Good luck!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I know this is OT, but Duxxy, your sig line cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2683354;
    We have a 42" flat panel Sony LCD. Our living room is about 14'x14'.. so it's not a big room and I actually find the tv a little big (I was happy with our 36") but watching a movie or sporting event is just amazing! We paid about $1200.00 for our's almost 2 years ago, we saw them in the Sears catalogue the other day for $1000.00 so the longer you wait the better your deal will be. Good luck!

That is interesting info Duxxy. I'm looking for an lcd 37". But my family is begging for a 42". Our living room is about the same size as yours so maybe the larger one would be ok. On black friday there are going to be lots of sales as I'm sure this is a popular item.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Re: What kind of TV do you have?

I'll be replacing my tv this spring, and after seeing too many oversize tv's in little rooms, I'll go for a 40 or 42 inch . My living room is only about 13 by 15, and I've noticed that looking at a too big tv gives me a headache. Besides, I feel like I'm looking around the screen, can't see it all at once.
    I've seen several I like, but haven't really decided yet. I do like the DLP sets, and definitely want the 1080 resolution.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast