+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of TV do you have?

Re: What kind of TV do you have?

I have a 42" Hitachi plasma 1080i. But I'd like something a little bigger, personally.

Can't fault the display at all, though. It's a huge improvement over a regular tube TV, especially with DVD's.

I did some research on plasmas vs lcd's and what brands were best before buying, and went with this one specifically.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My SO had given me a 32 inch flat panel Emerson HDTv for an early birthday present when my old TV in the living room went kaput this summer!

Yesterday at Walmart, I bought a 19 inch Emerson flat panel HDTv for $198. My son can't decide if he wants it or if we are going to put it in the sunroom.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I have a 50' Flat panel Sony LCD. With a full home theatre set up. Denon equipment all around & Jamo speakers. I even decided to go with theatre furniture & light switch dimmers. I likes it!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2689263;
    I have a 50' Flat panel Sony LCD. With a full home theatre set up. Denon equipment all around & Jamo speakers. I even decided to go with theatre furniture & light switch dimmers. I likes it!!!
    I have the home theatre too razor but we don't use it too often...I don't think my neighbor upstairs or my elderly blind neighbor next door would appreciate the loud noises and vibrations coming through our thin apartment walls!!! :nono Fortunately I am in the process of moving into a house and then we can let her rip!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

We are still in the dark ages as far as tv's.

The one we have in the living room, my husband salvaged out of a damaged condo after hurricane Charley. His boss was in charge of tearing the building down and told the guys they could take anything they wanted. When he brought it home and plugged it in, it was still on the Weather Channel.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2689314;
    We are still in the dark ages as far as tv's.

The one we have in the living room, my husband salvaged out of a damaged condo after hurricane Charley. His boss was in charge of tearing the building down and told the guys they could take anything they wanted. When he brought it home and plugged it in, it was still on the Weather Channel.

Might as well wait until 2009 when all over the air analog is going to disappear, and be replaced by digital.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I have a 20 inch Magnavox with a built in DVD/VHS. Woohoo. Yeah, I am saving for a real tv.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2689324;
    Might as well wait until 2009 when all over the air analog is going to disappear, and be replaced by digital.
    As of about March of this year, all TVs sold have to be capable of receiving and displaying the digital signals, or have a prominent disclaimer that they do not. I recently saw that Best Buy no longer sells analog TVs.

There is a web site that will list the digital stations in you area (you can enter either your street address or just your zip code) at Antenna Web

What I'm waiting for is a price drop in the technology. I'm not too keen on spending an entire paycheck on a freakin' TV
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2689374;
    As of about March of this year, all TVs sold have to be capable of receiving and displaying the digital signals, or have a prominent disclaimer that they do not. I recently saw that Best Buy no longer sells analog TVs.

There is a web site that will list the digital stations in you area (you can enter either your street address or just your zip code) at Antenna Web

What I'm waiting for is a price drop in the technology. I'm not too keen on spending an entire paycheck on a freakin' TV
    I've seen tv's that cost more than the sum total of our total outgo for the month: rent, elec., phone, ins.,groceries, etc.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2689374;
    Especially given the quality of the majority of programming-- Hi-Definition might make the garbage more realistic looking, but it's still garbage!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast