+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you travel for work?

1. Take off your shoes before you go thru security
    2. Don't wear an underwire bra thru security checkpoints
    3. Sign up for all the frequent flyer and the chain hotel preferred customer programs.
    4. Check the airline's webpage to determine if you can check in online and print your boarding pass before you fly.
    5. If you fly southwest - hit the check-in kiosk as soon as you enter the terminal to get your boarding pass.
    6. If you fly southwest - don't argue with a lady in torn bluejeans who looks like a construction worker when she jumps in front of you in the long line for boarding group A. She may find ways to get back at you later.
    7. Southwest, again - don't be first in line for boarding, even if you manage to get boarding pass #1. The TSA guys will unpack your luggage before you board.
    8. Pack your underwear and other personal items in clear ziplocs - makes life easier for TSA, and much less embarrasing when #7 occurs.
    9. If you can, make really good friends with the sales reps for SmartCarte. I have a comp card which I can use in their machines to get a free cart. Saves $3, and I have lots of fun giving a free cart to women traveling with small children and the elderly.

When you get where you're going, walk around barefoot on the carpet and make fists with your toes.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I've flown over 65,000 miles in the past six months. Many of that was actually inside the airplane.

You know you have completed your preparations well when the barista at the Starbucks in the Cincy airport knows you by name because you connect through there so often.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I always try to fly Northworst, and they allow you to check in and select your seat assignments, and print your boarding passes, from home up to 24 hours before your flight. And now, they even let you select exit aisle seating on-line (something new for them).

Doing it this way also nets me another 1000 FF miles, in addition to the 500 I get for using their site to book.

My tip is, find an airline, hotel, and car rental chain that have good connections from you and lots of locations, and always try to use them. FF miles and points don't do squat if you've got 'em spread over 10 different programs.

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by simbna

6. If you fly southwest - don't argue with a lady in torn bluejeans who looks like a construction worker when she jumps in front of you in the long line for boarding group A. She may find ways to get back at you later.
    There has to be a good story behind this.

LG.
    Originally posted by Paulie
    When you get where you're going, walk around barefoot on the carpet and make fists with your toes.
    Unless of course your name is John McClain, then you'll spend the night picking glass out of your bare feet after kicking terrorist ass all afternoon.

Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by Jill
    There has to be a good story behind this.
    It was a very *looonnngg* flight from LA to Nashville.

And I think she had drink coupons.

Actually Too bizarre a story to reproduce here - but I will say that everytime I fly southwest, I'm reminded of the book, "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"

I've had opportunties too but, had to say no (I'm a single Mom)

I do hate my commute.

I work at home right now - just go to the other side of town to drop stuff off.
    I miss traveling.

I'd miss my daughter more though if I had to.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My husband travels a lot. He works for a well reputed pharamaceutical & is on the marketing side; he travels to conferences abroad at least once a month, while poor ole me stays at home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12