1. Take off your shoes before you go thru security
2. Don't wear an underwire bra thru security checkpoints
3. Sign up for all the frequent flyer and the chain hotel preferred customer programs.
4. Check the airline's webpage to determine if you can check in online and print your boarding pass before you fly.
5. If you fly southwest - hit the check-in kiosk as soon as you enter the terminal to get your boarding pass.
6. If you fly southwest - don't argue with a lady in torn bluejeans who looks like a construction worker when she jumps in front of you in the long line for boarding group A. She may find ways to get back at you later.
7. Southwest, again - don't be first in line for boarding, even if you manage to get boarding pass #1. The TSA guys will unpack your luggage before you board.
8. Pack your underwear and other personal items in clear ziplocs - makes life easier for TSA, and much less embarrasing when #7 occurs.
9. If you can, make really good friends with the sales reps for SmartCarte. I have a comp card which I can use in their machines to get a free cart. Saves $3, and I have lots of fun giving a free cart to women traveling with small children and the elderly.