+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My sunset

Hi Aptlly_Named,

Canon seems to be another popular brand. The 3 brands I have seen so far are Nikon, Canon, and Mitsubishi(?). They are so different from what I was used to because they have a mini-screen display of the f-stops, etc.

I'm still looking, so wish me luck.

Do you all believe it snowed in NY State the other day? (The eternal winter)

Good luck eldee!

I can believe it about the snow - I'm watching it come down outside my window here at work - it's warm enough that it's just slushy on the streets, but we've probably had 5 centimeters (2 inches). But NY has had more snow than we have this year.

Take heart - spring is coming!!!

My hubby is a professional photographer. He doesn't make a living at it, but sells stuff in a local gallery and is past president of the local photo club. I can ask him for camera recommendations if you're still in the market.

MollyRose,

Yes, I am still in the market. I've gone to different stores to view their merchandise and ask questions. Some of their staff know only a little more than I do.

Your husband's recommendation would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Did he also take the picture of your rose? Either way, it is a very pretty picture.

I got the HP photosmart 620 and have been real pleased with it. It can also take a mpg. too, but I haven't tried that part yet. It's a 2.1 pixel
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

here is one I took when I was overseas. Thought I would add it since this is a thread on sunsets
    Last edited by Ilikai; 12-04-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Illikai - that's stunning. I also love your Jack Handey quote - I have that one on a greeting card on my desk.

I will ask the hubby about cameras, but probably won't post about it until Monday since we're going out of town...

Ili, that is beautiful! Absolutely stunning.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Camera advice

My husband suggested a Pentax K-1000. That's a manual camera that universities and photography classes offen use. He said it's actually not made anymore, but they're pretty easy to find in the papers. Don't pay over $125 for it (with a lense).

If you can't find that model, just make sure to get a camera that has manual capability, especially the ability to manually adjust the aperture.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me and I'll forward it to him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast