+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

Name-dropping

Do you know, or have you met any celebrities?

Yes, I have met one before. Guess who?
    Starred in the following films:
    Independence Day
    Torch Song Trilogy
    Ms Doubtfire

During the '88 olympics, I worked in the SpeedSkating oval, and was working the VIP lounge. Adam West was there. Also royalty for a bunch of countries (Sweden, Britain, Netherlands, ...). It was pretty interesting. Couldn't ask for autographs though.

When my husband and I were working at a resort down in Tucson (1995), we saw a lot of celebrities. Mr. Spegs actually got to meet them, since he was on the desk. He met Tom Selleck and Jim Palmer. Tom Cruise was there, but there were no sightings. Huey Lewis and the News all checked in under fake names--Huey's was "Jacque Strapp". (Yes, please protect your anonymity boys, wouldn't want you to get mobbed by screaming fans).

The best was when the Drifters ("Under the Boardwalk") came to perform for a convention. One of them had lost his black dress shoes right before a show, and Mr. Spegs happened to have the same size feet and black shoes on. So he lent his shoes to the Drifters and the show went on. (The hotel actually gave him an "above and beyond the call of duty" award for that one.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I have a few brushes with fame

Let's see, I met Tom Cruise. We were in a parking lot at Paramount on the day that "Days of Thunder" opened and ran into him. He stopped and chatted for a minute - "nice weather, how's your day going?", then as he was walking to his car he came to a spot where someone had obviously dropped their lunch (food and drink splattered on the sidewalk), and Tom went to a nearby dumpster, tore the edge off a cardboard box and cleaned up the mess on the sidewalk. What a guy...

John Cameron Mitchell was a good friend in high school (he's a Broadway, TV, movie actor who is most famous for writing, directing and starring in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". Got a Golden Globe nom for that last year.

My friend Chris has done several movies and TV shows including the Gunsmoke reunion movies (he was Matt Dillon's son-in-law) and a bunch of commercials.

My friend Kevin Kent is an very popular actor in Seattle (Teatro Zinzanni, Sister Windy, etc) and is currently doing a movie with Holly Hunter.

Have met several celebs at the Taos film fest (but certainly wouldn't say I know them: Dean Stockwell, Margot Kidder, Michael Nesmith, Susan Sarandon, and others.

The whole cast of Bonanza ate dinner at my house, when I was a baby! (My dad was a local TV personality and was assigned to entertain them while in town for some benefit).

FORT Fanatic
    I worked for a very famous Olympic equestrian - not that anyone who doesn't ride would care!

I know someone, who once sat in the barber chair that the secretary for the vet who treats the dog of a neighbor of Mel Gibson sat in once.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

actually... I don't
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Bad Lemming!!! Bad, Bad Lemming!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Ilikai and i have met most of the top winston cup drivers, Even got a picture of Ili getting a picture signed by the late Dale
    Earnhardt and Richard Childress.
    Got our picture taken with alot of the drivers but only Dale's autograph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast