+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

When I was a kid, we saw Kenny Rogers(the country singer not the baseball player) in an airport. I could have cared less but my mom was excited!

I was on an airplane once with Jay Leno. He'd done a show near me and was returning to California. This was pre-Tonight Show, of course. He was flying coach!

Tim McGraw grew up in a little town about 30 minutes from me. We went to the same college. Unfortunately, I never met him but he sang in some of the college bars I frequented. So, I saw him play when he was a nobody. Too bad I didn't really listen! One of my friends has a picture of us sitting at a table in one of the bars and he's on stage in the background.

We're big baseball fans. When Pudge Rodriguez played for the Texas Rangers, I'd sit and drool over him during the games we went to...especially if we were behind home plate! We arrived early for batting practice once and got to meet him. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head and shook my husband's hand. I floated the rest of the night and my husband rolled his eyes! That was actually before we were married! He teased me when Pudge was traded that I couldn't sit in the stands and stare at Pudge's butt anymore!
    Last edited by lildago; 02-11-2006 at 12:47 AM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

When I was in Disneyland ( Just before ) this is soo cool. I was in LosAngeles and we where at this mall. A girl to be about 13 or 14 was lost and my mom went to help her. She asked her what her name was and she said Lisa. My mother asked her last name and she said D'amato. I never relized I had met Lisa D'amato from ANTM Cycle 5 untill my mom told me so.

Ive met ABBA, The Beatles, Chad from Nickelback, Kenny Rogers, The Backstreet Boys, Brittany Spears and Sum 41. Mainly through autographing after concerts I've went to, Sum 41 just came down here to do audographing for a odd but cool reason. Just because!!

My friend Sophi Iliopoluos got to hang out with Avril for a day on Much Music. Im so proud!!

This isn't about who I know, or met, but where I've been. It's timely considering the Olympic Games are on. I was lucky enough to visit the following places and see their remaining Olympic Games sites:

1928, 1948 - St Moritz, Switzerland
    1932, 1980 - Lake Placid, USA
    1936 - Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
    1956 - Cortina, Italy
    1964, 1976 - Innsbruck, Austria
    1980 - Lake Placid, USA
    1988 - Calgary, Canada

Each is an amazingly beautiful place in the world. And it was almost surreal to walk around and realize what happened during those years the Olympics were held. And to see some of the old and sometimes still used venues. The people were amazingly friendly and each spot truly looked like a postcard. Some great memories for me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by KimFan101 View Post
    When I was in Disneyland ( Just before ) this is soo cool. I was in LosAngeles and we where at this mall. A girl to be about 13 or 14 was lost and my mom went to help her. She asked her what her name was and she said Lisa. My mother asked her last name and she said D'amato. I never relized I had met Lisa D'amato from ANTM Cycle 5 untill my mom told me so.

Ive met ABBA, The Beatles, Chad from Nickelback, Kenny Rogers, The Backstreet Boys, Brittany Spears and Sum 41. Mainly through autographing after concerts I've went to, Sum 41 just came down here to do audographing for a odd but cool reason. Just because!!

My friend Sophi Iliopoluos got to hang out with Avril for a day on Much Music. Im so proud!!
    I don't think there's a Disneyland in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacs4Life View Post
    I don't think there's a Disneyland in LA.
    [Off topic] Oh, there is. The one in Orlando, Florida is called Disneyworld. [/Off topic]
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    [Off topic] Oh, there is. The one in Orlando, Florida is called Disneyworld. [/Off topic]
    Are you sure? Because I went on Wikipedia and there's one in Orlando, Florida, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong. But no LA. Is there one though?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacs4Life View Post
    Are you sure? Because I went on Wikipedia and there's one in Orlando, Florida, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong. But no LA. Is there one though?
    The one in LA (Orange County I believe) is the original - it's called DisneyLAND, not DisneyWORLD. I know that it exists - it's the only one I've ever been to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    The one in LA (Orange County I believe) is the original - it's called DisneyLAND, not DisneyWORLD. I know that it exists - it's the only one I've ever been to.
    LOL. Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I feel so stupid! Haha.

I'm ashamed to say that I've only had one celeb encounter since I've moved here, and that's Randy Harrison (Justin from QAF). We saw him right by one of the NYU dorms too...and we went over and talked to him. Now, my friends have seen a lot of people...Matt Damon, Robert De Niro, Ashley Olsen, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba...the list goes on and on. I'm just not lucky when it comes to meeting people. OH! But, Scott Speedman lives in the apartments next door to my dorm, so he's always around. Last weekend, he walked right by my friend and I and looked at us!

FORT Fogey
    On Friday (June 30th) I spent a half hour or so visiting with Kevin McBride, the Irish boxer who pummeled Mike Tyson into retirement in June 2005. We were both waiting to have some tests run in a Boston hospital, so the poor buggah was stuck there!

See Tyson - McBride Thread HERE

+ Reply to Thread