+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

I've met Jeff Gordon (NASCAR Champion) several times.

My Mom met Martin Sheen & got his autograph at a protest. lol.

My uncle is good friends with Heather Locklear's brother.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    I've met several hockey players but that was loooooong time ago. I met Radek Bonk and Sergei Zholtok.

I went to the same high school as Jesse Palmer and his brother, Billy. Billy was in some of my classes (we're the same age).

That's about it.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

I didn't actually meet him, but when I went to Disneyland earlier this year I saw Larry King while I was standing in line for the Matterhorn ride. He was with a younger woman and a child in a stroller. I heard some of the Disneyland staff say that he was there with his daughter. No one was bothering him, but the woman in line next to me took a picture of him. He was standing right in front of us, but not in line.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    *thread jack* The younger woman was probably his wife. She's young and she's gorgeous (just like the rest of us Utah mormons). And they do have a child. Just wanted to clear that up. *end thread jack*

Hi JD,

I know what Shawn Southwick looks like and the younger woman with him had dark hair. I don't know for sure who it was, just heard some of the Disney workers talking and saying it was his daughter. I did a little bit of research and he has two daughters, Chaia (about the same age as me) and Kelly.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    Hi JD,

I know what Shawn Southwick looks like and the younger woman with him had dark hair. I don't know for sure who it was, just heard some of the Disney workers talking and saying it was his daughter. I did a little bit of research and he has two daughters, Chaia (about the same age as me) and Kelly.

(hee hee, I got my name dropped - I feel so special)

Awww, I hope the mysterious dark-haired woman was his daughter. His wife is a trophy he'd be sorry to lose. He's not that foolish is he?

I've met several soap opera actors/actresses from the NBC & ABC soaps. Too many to name. One of those I had met in 1995 when he worked at Dollywood (Eric Martsolf, Ethan on Passions). We lost touch after he left in 1996 and then he wound up on Passions in 2002. I've talked to him and seen him several times since.

I'm also acquaintances of Henry Farnam (up and coming singer/actor) and Kelly Moneymaker (Peter Reckell's wife). I've met Heath Shuler (former NFL QB) and his wife. Also worked with his mom at a hotel.

My dad met David Keith when he was shooting The Curse nearby. (He was also in An Officer and a Gentleman). David had asked him to make a copy of the script and he got to keep a copy of it. My dad's co-worker lives on the farm that the movie was shot on and takes care of the land for David. We go to cookouts on the farm every year.

Hollywood sightings include:

I was standing in the back hall of The Griddle Cafe on Sunset and Ian Ziering walked by, smiled, and said hello. Was parked beside Eric McCormak at Ralph's grocery store. Saw Vanessa Carlton rehearsing for Leno when on an NBC tour. Was at a stoplight beside the short guy on Yes, Dear (never can think of his name). Dan Akroyd walked by me on the Santa Monica Pier. Jimmy Smitts walked by me at the Promenade in Santa Monica. Was sitting at the table across from Tiffani Thiessen and her boyfriend at Mexicali. I know there are more but I can't remember them all.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    I went to high school with a now famous person and a not so famous person. Both signed my year book. I'm sure it's worth a lot of money now. I should put it on ebay. Any takers?

The first one, Julie Montgomery, was the prettiest blonde at church. She had a beautiful voice, and I wanted to be just like her. She landed a role on One Life To Live as the first Samantha (1976-1981). She was also in Revenge of the Nerds (and a bunch of other forgettable films and TV appearances). She was the blonde cheerleader. Remember the carnival? Her picture was at the bottom of the whipped cream pie the nerds sold. I can't tell you how traumatizing that scene and a couple others were to me and the other girls who used to sing with her in choir. We couldn't even look at her the next time she came to church.

Her bio on IMDB used to say that she was expected to become a bigger star than the other famous person - Jay Greenspan aka Jason Alexander. (Haven't seen her on TV in years. Her mom told me that she's raising her kids in Missouri.)

Jay was a great actor in high school. His singing voice was amazing. He was in every school production. Did you know he won a Tony for Jerome Robbins' Broadway? He is a very gifted actor. I would love to see him go back to Broadway and leave TV behind.

The local Applebee's has the entire lobby dedicated to Jay and his days in Livingston. This local boy definitely made good.

I've only seen one person up pretty close, Anthony Hopkins. I saw him in Las Vegas when we were at the Mirage watching Siegfried and Roy's show. It was 2 years ago when the show was still alive, before the accident. Sir Anthony was sitting pretty close to the front and during the show, Siegfried mentioned that there is a special member in the audience that they would like to thank for attending the show and they mentioned his name and had him stand up for the audience to see and applaud.
    My dad met Sylvester Stallone several years ago. We live in the Caribbean and Stallone was here on vacation and he stopped by my dad's business while shopping and my dad got to talk to him and shake his hand.
    That's about it.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Anyone ever met Paul Walker or ever seen him even? He's my weakness.
    Or better yet, has anyone ever seen or met any of the guys on my list?
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread