+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

I guess they aren't REAL celebrities, but they are in their own respect, I've met several people in CT Radio stations including Nancy Barrow and Jenny Boom on HOT 93.7.. I guess radio DJs aren't really celebrities, but they are the best I know, and I plan to go into radio so knowing them at least remotely is a great thing..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Can I pull Dave Mordal out of my magic hat one last time - just for kicks? Ahhh, I figured that one was getting tired. Sorry.

My uncle was college roommates with the guy who played Lurch on the Adams Family tv show. Yup, that's it. That's all I got.

My BIL went to elementary school with Rob Lowe.
    3 years ago we went to a local Fairfield Inn (outside DaytonOhio) to pick up some family. There was Martin Sheen - at a Fairfield Inn! It was a major local kids soccer tournament and he had family in it. He was just hanging around with the other parents. Really cool.

Now that I've found my thinking cap... at Chautauqua, NY (where we go every summer) they have lecturers and performers you can meet after...I've met Susan from Sesame Street, Margaret Mead, Livingston Taylor, to name a few.

I went to high school with Steve Martin, and he lived nearby (they painted a big red tongue on their driveway ). To quote Gutmutter, "that's it, that's all I've got".
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I went to Jr. High and High School with Douglas Brinkley, the Presidential Historian. He was on TV a lot during the 2000 election that would never end and every time I saw him, I laughed. I ran into someone else from our class during that time and started to say, "Did you see Doug Brinkley on....", but didn't get to finish as she cracked up too!

As the Bible says, "A prophet has no honor in his own home."
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    I thought I would resurrect this old thread because I had a funny spotting this weekend. I never run into celebrities so this was pretty exciting. I was in Savannah GA for the weekend and my sister and I were standing out on the sidewalk and her comes Richard Simmons. He was wearing his workout gear and everything. I have no idea what he was doing but he was wearing spandex shorts and a t-shirt. He was really friendly with everyone.
    That's a good one, yardgnome. I don't think he ever changes out of that ensemble, but he's super-friendly. He went into the workplace of a friend of mine, and was nice enough to leave a birthday message for my friend's mom via cell phone.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I have met a few famous people.

Met Cuba Gooding Jr at an Art Festival in Laguna. :phhht

Met Spike Lee when I was in Chicago visiting my college roomate.

Met Denzel Washington twice at a Fame taping

Met Harlemm Lee mulitple times during FAME and after the show was done

Met Justin Guarinin (five times now), Kelly Clarkson, RJ Helton, Brian Dunkleman , Ryan Seacrest (12 times now at least) , Rickey Smith (knew him before AI though so that doesn't count) , Charles Grigsby, Clay Aiken, Kimberley Locke (2 times now), Jennifer Hudson .

I think that is it...I will come back if I remember more.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Is it really them?

My son and I were waiting in a long line at Olive Garden in Harrisburg. Scott Hamilton and Katarina Wytt (sp) walked in (they were doing a skating show in Hershey). Scott whispered to the hostess (probably trying to gyp to the top of the list) but she gave him a "cool" smile and shook her head. They road off into the sunset in their limo.

The thing that surprised me the most wasn't their arrogance, but how small they both are in person. I wonder what they would have done, if I had asked them if they needed help finding their Mommy.

+ Reply to Thread