+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

Here's my story. My neighbor was driving around Hollywood with her husband a few years ago. They were stopped at a red light, and a car pulled up alongside them. She casually looked over, and it was Jay Leno in a beautiful, old classic convertable of some sort with the top down. She did one of these and started stammering and kind of screaming to her husband, "look who that is......that's JAY LENO!!" All the while she's doing this and pointing at him with her jaw dropped to the floor of the car. Well, the light turns green, and Leno takes off, but the next light turns red, and once again, they are both sitting next to each other waiting for it to change. She's a little more composed, and tries to be really casual about looking over at him, and when she locks eyes with Leno, he throws his hands up MacCaulay (sp?) Culkin-style to his face, opens his mouth wide, and starts screaming and pointing AT HER! She said she slinked down into the seat, and her husband howled. They said it was the funniest thing Leno could have done.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I met him at a book signing as well! It was a mob scene, but Mr Texie and I endured and I agree, he's a lovely, well grounded man. He stayed way past the time he was scheduled.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke
    I waited on Jeff Daniels back in my retail days, (but didn't recognize him. ). I've met Bruce Campbell a few times, Hall and Oates, 1/2 of the Monkees (Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork), and... Clay Aiken

Um, Yardgnome 77, I think I know of one other celeb that you've encountered. Fess up!
    Okay, I admit it, I have also met Clay Aiken.

When I was young, about 7 I met David Copperfield, he made my dad disappear in his show!

John Belushi tried to steal my pen once.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    ...and my grandma told me that she knew Neil Kastor (our local meteorologist on one of the local news stations) and she would have him call me to help me - and he did! I remember thinking this was HUGE and I was talking to a STAR! (After all, he was on TV and when you're 6 years old you don't know the difference). I remember all my friends being in awe. Yep, dumb, but that's as close I'll ever come!
    Wow, Neil Kastor !!! I only say that because I must have gone to high school near you, one of his sons was a couple of years older than me and another was in the grade below me in school.

I've seen quite a few famous people although maybe the most memorable moment was in college when I was delivering some brochures for my part-time job and I almost plowed right over Roger Ebert.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I've met a ton of athletes (if they count?) and I've met George Clooney, Sylvester Stallone, Matt Dillon, Duran Duran, Roxette, Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, INXS, and a few more which I can't think of at the moment.

I WANT to meet Tim McGraw and Faith Hill BADLY!

I've never really met anyone. While I was working in Natural Wonders in college, Clarence Gillyard (the black guy from Walker, Texas Ranger) came in, and I helped him and his blonde girlfriend find elephant stuff. But I'd never watched the show, so I didn't know who he was. Someone that worked there told me.

Does being at a concert count????

Well, I have never met any big name movie stars but I did get to meet a local celebrity...one of my favorite hockey players...#13 Hinote from the CO Avalanche. It was like a meet/greet thing so I didn't feel so bad about asking to sign my Av's hat and taking a picture with me. The only bad thing was that I was still using a camera that requires film...those pictures DID NOT come out and I was so upset because I wanted to show my bf (at the time) that I really did get to meet #13. This was back in May and I am still upset. Needless to say, a few days after that I got a digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Wow, Neil Kastor !!! I only say that because I must have gone to high school near you, one of his sons was a couple of years older than me and another was in the grade below me in school.
    ohmigosh! You have got to be kidding me - now that's a small world! Neil would probably freak if he knew his name was mentioned in a celebrity thread! Well, nice to meet you Brusch!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I've met ... Duran Duran
    My 13-year-old inner self is insanely jealous right now.

+ Reply to Thread