+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

A friend of mine worked for Ted Nugent for awhile, she said he was gross disgusting sexist pig.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

well he is.
    Just hammers it home to me when your 12 - you think at the time your all grown up (I did)
    looking back I think how naive I was. Lucky I didn't get raped.
    ick.
    There's a lot of sports stars living around here. A few of them go to this ice cream place a lot. Most people including myself try and give them their space. I will see someone go up to them and ask them for an autograph and the look on their face is just oh no - they usually have their kids with them and I think just want to relax and be left alone. The people that ask aren't regulars at this place so they're star struck. For the most part, it's a place not a lot of people go to unless they live here/around here.
    I would hate to be famous.

p.s I've seen Ben Affleck but, did not meet him. I don't go up to anyone famous. I think it's creepy. He is so freaking handsome though. I think he looks better in person than on the screen or pictures.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Celebrity? Spotted

I thought I would resurrect this old thread because I had a funny spotting this weekend. I never run into celebrities so this was pretty exciting. I was in Savannah GA for the weekend and my sister and I were standing out on the sidewalk and her comes Richard Simmons. He was wearing his workout gear and everything. I have no idea what he was doing but he was wearing spandex shorts and a t-shirt. He was really friendly with everyone.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I've seen a couple around here..

Julia Stiles - in a health food store.

Marla Sokoloff - shopping in a local drug mart.

I live in the armpit of IL where a celebrity would never set foot, unless to perform at a concert. My husband met Steven Tyler of Aerosmith that way (at the time hubby worked at a rental car place and the band was there the night after their show - problems with their limo or something).

I, however, have not had the opportunity to meet a celebrity. But I thought I did when I was 6 years old - this is kindof a funny story so I'll share. I was working on some weather-related project for school, and my grandma told me that she knew Neil Kastor (our local meteorologist on one of the local news stations) and she would have him call me to help me - and he did! I remember thinking this was HUGE and I was talking to a STAR! (After all, he was on TV and when you're 6 years old you don't know the difference). I remember all my friends being in awe. Yep, dumb, but that's as close I'll ever come!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I met the true-blue, Laurel & Hardy in the Midland, Michigan mall when I was a wee lass.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I waited on Jeff Daniels back in my retail days, (but didn't recognize him. ). I've met Bruce Campbell a few times, Hall and Oates, 1/2 of the Monkees (Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork), and... Clay Aiken

Um, Yardgnome 77, I think I know of one other celeb that you've encountered. Fess up!

Bruce Campbell, he's my icon!! What was he like, Sue Ellen??
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke
    I waited on Jeff Daniels back in my retail days, (but didn't recognize him. ). I've met Bruce Campbell a few times, Hall and Oates, 1/2 of the Monkees (Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork), and... Clay Aiken

Um, Yardgnome 77, I think I know of one other celeb that you've encountered. Fess up!

when i was dating my husband we went to his cousin's wedding and i had no idea who Jeff Daniels was and everyone else was making such a big deal that he was there.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Texi, BC is incredibly gracious and funny! He grew up in Michigan, and seems to come back often. I met him twice during his book tours, and each time was great, especially the Q & A sessions. At one I attended, a member of the audience stood up and said "Do you read fan fiction?" to which BC replied "No, but my lawyer does!" Priceless! I can't say enough nice things about the guy.

+ Reply to Thread