+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Name-dropping

When I was a teenager I won concert tickets and backstage passes to see Ted Nugent. I didn't even really know who he was. But I took my best friend and we were kind of excited. After the concert we went backstage and because we were underage they couldn't have alcohol back there and some of the other winners were kind of mad. When Ted Nugent came in the room he looked around and saw my friend and I and motioned for us to come over and we had a group picture taken with him, he put his arm around me, so I put my arm around him and I just remember thinking that he had really soft hair! It makes me laugh now. I can't believe my parents let me go!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Originally posted by JR.
    Hmm, define "partied" Sher
    well, i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you.

no really.

it would all prove far too embarrassing, but the last time i saw them, which wasn't nearly as embarrassing, we just had beer and pizza.

Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl
    ...... C'mon, this is the town where we went to Koo Koo Roo for lunch and saw Carrot Top for Pete's sake!
    I thought we were supposed to name celebrities

**still harboring both fear of. and dislike towards Carrot Top for no reason what-so-ever**
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I sent Mean Joe Green back to his room (was working the cafeteria in college for the Special Olympics in MI the only people allowed in were the kids and coaches, all of whom were sopposed to have a special tag. Well, this group of men showed up and one of them didn't have his tag and I told him to go back and get it. Acouple of the younger guys started hassling me about "didn't I know who this was??" and he started laughing and said he would go back and get his tag. Well someone reported it to my boss and she started yelling at me for sending Mean Joe Green back to his room, he came back and told "hey, like I tell the kids, rules are rules? and then he told me "the only other woman who could have sent me to my room is my momma."

Then I met Mummhad Ali (spelled that wrong) He was at a fund raiser at NMU and a group of kids who were at a summer debate camp got some tickets. He was nice, signed alot of autographs and posed for pictures.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    I have met some celebrities in strange places..
    I went down a slide in the Bahamas w/George Bush Sr
    I met Kelsey Grammar and his wife in Hawaii they played w/my daughter.
    I met Kevin Costner at the final four
    I met the guy that killed himself in Officer and a Gentleman at a restaurant here.
    I met Tim McGraw and Faith Hill when they did the Wal-mart share holders meeting and my friend did a private dinner for them in her resaurant.
    Lets see,, I know JB Hunt, Don Tyson and the late Sam Walton. They all live here and I have been here forever..
    I think that is all right now.. I have met a bunch of athletes but only because I worked in Athletics for so long so I won't name them all.. '

Octobergirl - funny you mentioned him. I saw him when I was about 12 and me and friends were waiting outside to meet him.
    Everyone got really crazy chasing him down so he had guys blocking him - went to his limo and I loved him at the time (can't stand him now) ran over and they let me through and he planted a big kiss on my lips --I was thrilled but, now I think it's gross cuz I was only 12 and I think that's perverted.
    I met J.Geils band - Ozzy Osbourne - a band named Foghat (no one will probably know who they are)
    All of Black Sabbath --Aerosmith practiced in my town before they were big me and my friends partied with them a few times -
    more bands but, I am getting kicked off the puter --
    When I was about 5 I went to a park with my family - like six flags and there was this big hoopla about this guy that I had no idea about and pictures taken with him - he had his arm around me in this boat ride - ended up on the front page (my Mom still has it) his name was Pat O'brien - to me he was just a very old sweet guy.
    Funny when I see an old movie with him now. He was very famous a long time ago.
    (don't you hate when your on the computer typing and someone is yelling &hit at you?)
    grrrrr
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by StevieM
    Octobergirl - funny you mentioned him. I saw him when I was about 12 and me and friends were waiting outside to meet him.
    Everyone got really crazy chasing him down so he had guys blocking him - went to his limo and I loved him at the time (can't stand him now) ran over and they let me through and he planted a big kiss on my lips --I was thrilled but, now I think it's gross cuz I was only 12 and I think that's perverted.
    Who are you talking about in this part?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Awww, Stevie - Pat O-Brien was my grandma's first boyfriend! They grew up together in Milwaukee.

Isn't it a small world?!

StevieM-

I saw on VH-1 that Ted Nugent kind of had a thing for young girls, so not too suprising that he kissed you like that, agree with you about it being pervy! I think when I met him that my friend and I were about 14 or 15 years old. I just went to look at my ticket stub, it has his signature on it but not the date so I don't know exactly when this happened. Wow, can't believe it was about 20 years ago now....feeling old.....
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

"Awww, Stevie - Pat O-Brien was my grandma's first boyfriend! They grew up together in Milwaukee.

Isn't it a small world?!"
    ---------Molly

Very small at times! He was such a nice guy. Very nice memory I have of him.
    It was the love tunnel ride we went through ! He was just so sweet.
    Octobergrl.
    Yeah
    Ted - he's a pig. I had a crush on him from about 12 to 15.
    pictures of him on my walls.
    ugh!
    younger girls is one thing but, I was only 12~!!
    he is gross!!

to the person that asked me who I was talking about in my post.
    I'm sorry
    took this long to get back to this one.
    It was Ted Nugent I was saying kissed me
    And Pat O'brien that I went on a ride with.
    : )

P.S
    Ozzy is a sweetheart. That guy has a heart of gold.
    I feel so bad for him I can't watch that show anymore : (
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

+ Reply to Thread