+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday weekend plans?

FORT Regular

Holiday weekend plans?

What is everybody doing for Labor Day weekend? My friends are having a BBQ on Saturday, and Iím probably going to the beach Sunday/Monday. What about you?

MRD

Re: holiday weekend plans?

I'm going to Florida to meet up with my two best friends. One is celebrating her 40th birthday this weekend, so should be a fun time. Hot, but fun. I haven't seen either in a long time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

My company was kind enough to give us Friday off in addition to Monday. So I'm taking adavantage of that to drive down and see my old college campus for the day. I'm going to be moving out of state shortly, so it'll be the last chance I have for a long time to go back and see how things have changed.

After that, I'll be spending the weekend cleaning things out, and getting ready for the big move -- whoopee!

I'm trying to arrange a golf outing for Saturday. Other than that, I'm looking forward to lounging about and doing not much of anything.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Premium Member

I'm having knee surgery Friday afternoon, so I get to spend the weekend on the couch, hopefully with some good drugs. Next Tuesday is my birthday but I think I'll have to put off doing any celebrating for a little while.

I'll be alternating between trying to remove a fence at my ex-wife's place, cursing, and installing fence at my place. Cursing shall almost certainly take the most time, but it will be in proportion to how hard it is to remove fence posts (I've gone through plans A, B, C, and D on post removal. I already know that plan E is of questionable merit, but I'm running out of ideas and internet resources.)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2549043;
    I'll be alternating between trying to remove a fence at my ex-wife's place, cursing, and installing fence at my place. Cursing shall almost certainly take the most time, but it will be in proportion to how hard it is to remove fence posts (I've gone through plans A, B, C, and D on post removal. I already know that plan E is of questionable merit, but I'm running out of ideas and internet resources.)
    Does plan E involve explosives of any kind?

And you curse? I am shocked! Shocked I say!!!!!

I'm going to miss the first college ball game on Sat. for my friend's birthday. Oh the sacrifices I'm willing to make for friends.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Not a dang thing. Typical weekend for me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have absolutely zero plans. Most of my family are away. My husband and son get home from their hunting trip on Saturday. Maybe on Sunday we'll get together with the guy he went hunting with and his wife. That is if my husband/son/friend are still speaking to each other by then. The trip up was rather rough!

I'll be at the lake, enjoying some cold beverages, if you know what I mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast