+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Holiday weekend plans?

Re: Holiday weekend plans?

I survived my weekend of working. We had a car show at the restaurant yesterday. It was an all Corvette show. We had 90 classic Corvettes show up. Here's a photo of the turnout.

We finished the weekend project on the remodel, but don't worry there's plenty more projects left.....the weather was 105 so we only worked until 11:00. Fortunately that was the end of the heatwave..

Unclescott....love the corvette pic.....we used to have a little '63Stingray convertable back in the late 60's. but we had to trade it off for a car with a back seat when the baby came along. That was such a fun car. I got stopped by the CHP going over 100 mph....the Vette had so much power I didn't even realize I was driving that fast

Overall just a nice quiet HOT weekend
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

The only part of my weekend plans that came to fruition was the cursing. It didn't help that my business partner came over to work two of the three days and I was put on Tickle Monster duty for her 5-year-old nose miners (I really enjoy that job (tickle monstering, not nose mining ), but it does keep me from doing MY stuff.) Oh well, Plan E didn't work when I tried it, and Plan F has not yet come to me. Myrosiedog's idea for explosive removal of fence posts is starting to sound better and better.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

It rained all weekend long.

Put a damper on planning anything outside.

I'm all moved and somewhat internet'ed up. I couldn't resist coming to FORT to catch up!

We brought the bouys in Monday... that involves pulling up the cement block anchors onto a kyak, bringing the ropes in to dry, and then coiling them and hanging them in the shack. Sore muscles and rope splinters and a car reeking of seaweed. But now that chapter is over and school in full swing.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I enjoyed the weekend in Florida with my friends. My friend that turned 40 is a scream. We laughed, ate and drank all weekend long and got caught up again. It was hard to leave my 2 friends behind. We were all 3 pretty inseprable when I lived there. But I was glad to get home. It was HOT and HUMID in Florida. It's 68 here this morning. LOVE it.

We got my friend a tiara that had the number 40 on it and a sash that says: 40 and fantastic and she wore it everywhere. She looked really good in it and got a LOT of comments which we all find just hilarious. I think we just laughed at everything no matter what.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sounds like everyone had fun, especially MRD! (I don't know about the nose mining, Newf-that sounds intriguing!) I couldn't find one bulb to buy in this area. I've always planted on labor day weekend in the past, so am a little upset.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345