+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday weekend plans?

Re: Holiday weekend plans?

remote - How cool - a fellow sailor! I'm sure you tear up the lake on your Laser! And wow - a 48 ft. J/Boat - I'll bet she's a beaut!

Yes, that is our boat in my av, but it is not as big as your parents' - ours is a 30 ft. Catalina - I think the picture probably makes her look bigger than she is. My husband's parents, though have a 42 ft. Vagabond that they lived on for 15 years, and then went cruising for about 5 years. They are currently having it completely gutted inside and redone, and plan to be cruising back out on the open water by the end of the year!

We've crewed on our friend's boat in several regattas on the lake - which is where we had our boat for a couple of years. I can honestly say, though, that we are definitely more "cruisers" than we are "racers" - give me a good breeze, a margarita, some sun, and I'm a happy girl! We moved our boat back down to the coast two years ago, and we've just recently moved down here ourselves. I can honestly say that being out in the bay is different than being out on the lake - WAY different - but I'm learning not to freak out when the waves come up over the bow!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I've never been on a boat in the ocean, strictly lakes for us! I can't believe that pic is only a 30 footer! Looks so big, IMO, but maybe it's because of the sleek deck. My parents' boat has a lot of teak and higher angles on the cabin. Looks smaller topside in pics than once you're down below.

I'm all about lounging on the deck and taking it easy. That is by far my favorite thing about sailing - it's utterly relaxing. But I haven't managed to run across an affordable (for me) boat large enough to accomodate that request... Looked at a 22ft South Coast a year or so ago, but she had issues I wasn't prepared to deal with at the time. But I'm on the lookout... maybe I'll run across the perfect lil' sweetheart of a deal sometime soon. I'm actually thinking of picking up a Hobie Cat that a friend of a friend is selling. 18ft, with trailer and all sails and rigging. I've never sailed a catamaran before, but they look like a blast to me!

I hope that everyone enjoys the Labor Day weekend.
    My better-half is working on Monday but I might spend the day poolside with my parents, nephew and some barbeque.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Well...I just took my son to a basketball game, and I plan to break out the suitcases soon. We will spend the weekend flying up to Canada. It's a long flight, but I look forward to getting there!

My usual Labor Day weekend here...work. But, just as I always do, I have vacation coming up after Sunday, so I'm happy.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We are working on our remodel today and Monday.........as long as we can bear the heat. The weather is suppose to be in the 100's until Wed when it lowers into the upper 90's. No family get-to-gethers unless they want to come over and help with the house...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

My Labour Day weekend consists of packing, watching the BIG Labour Day Classic, more packing, then moving for the start of Grad school.

For those who don't live in Canada, or aren't CFL fans, that big game is of course between the Riders and Bombers!

Hope everything went smoothly for Marleybone's knee surgery. I'm working - my last hoorah as a lifeguard. We bring the bouys in tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

Well my weekend went from completely boring to fun. My husband and son have been away all week and won't get home until very late tonight. My our friend (who went with them) left his wife at home also. She and I are packing up and going to their boat at the Jersey shore for the day. Just a girls day . . . ummmm . . . with wine. . .

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2555577;
    Hope everything went smoothly for Marleybone's knee surgery. I'm working - my last hoorah as a lifeguard. We bring the bouys in tomorrow.
    Thanks, Gut. I'm doing pretty well.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I'm sitting here wondering where the summer went!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast