+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Nice Cities to live in?

Re: Nice Cities to live in?

Candor, my daughter fell in love with Portland when she visited from British Columbia. She actually was accepted into Lewis and Clark, and Reed, but they are very expensive compared to Canadian Universities. In her heart of hearts, I think she is a Portland girl!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Both my kids were born in Portland Oregon, we lived there for 5 years, it is a gorgeous city.

However my vote goes to Prescott Arizona. It is sunny, cool, pine trees everywhere and gorgeous. It's not far from Sedona and Flagstaff, other gorgeous, high country Arizona towns, love them! These are small towns though, not big urban cities.

For cities, I'd have to say the Walnut Creek, Lafayette area, east bay in California.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2554788;
    Candor, my daughter fell in love with Portland when she visited from British Columbia. She actually was accepted into Lewis and Clark, and Reed, but they are very expensive compared to Canadian Universities. In her heart of hearts, I think she is a Portland girl!
    Those are two really respected private colleges (thus, expensive). Portland as everything Seattle has -- a beautiful waterfront with a pedestrian trail, lush forests, quaint neighborhoods, a downtown square people actually use, public art, a trendy loft district, superior transportation, etc. It just managed to do it all so much better than Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2554908;
    Those are two really respected private colleges (thus, expensive). Portland as everything Seattle has -- a beautiful waterfront with a pedestrian trail, lush forests, quaint neighborhoods, a downtown square people actually use, public art, a trendy loft district, superior transportation, etc. It just managed to do it all so much better than Seattle.
    I love them both for different reasons. I grew up in Portland and have lived in Seattle for over twenty years. I still can't forgive Portland for letting the KOIN Center get built to block the spectacular view of Mt. Hood you used to get coming into the city from the West. Portland has by far the better transportation system but it doesn't have the ferries. Nothing beats riding a ferry across Puget Sound on a beautiful day.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Hee. That's true Mariner, and I will be riding a ferry next Thursday crossing the Strait of Juan De Fuca! I am taking my daughter back to school, and I just love that ride. We have often seen Orcas, dolphins and seals when we cross. That is why Vancouver remains truly home to me.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2554992;
    Hee. That's true Mariner, and I will be riding a ferry next Thursday crossing the Strait of Juan De Fuca! I am taking my daughter back to school, and I just love that ride. We have often seen Orcas, dolphins and seals when we cross. That is why Vancouver remains truly home to me.
    Most of my mom's family lives in the Vancouver area and of the places I've visited, it is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2554870;
    However my vote goes to Prescott Arizona. It is sunny, cool, pine trees everywhere and gorgeous. It's not far from Sedona and Flagstaff, other gorgeous, high country Arizona towns, love them! These are small towns though, not big urban cities.
    Prescott is a beautiful place, I agree. I absolutely love Sedona and spending the day in Jerome is quite fun also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567