+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nice Cities to live in?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Nice Cities to live in?

MRD...I still say you need to get a job with the tourism board there! You do a great job of selling the area!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

You guys need to visit San Antonio one of these days!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2537664;
    You guys need to visit San Antonio one of these days!

I've been and loved it. But a little too hot for me. After 44 years in Florida, I'm enjoying the climate here a lot better. But SA is a beautiful city. Especially the riverwalk area.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2537506;
    MRD...I still say you need to get a job with the tourism board there! You do a great job of selling the area!
    Thank you. We really love it here. That's why all the bad luck we've had this year has been easier to take. Makes things a lot better when you are in love with the place you live, so you can deal with the personal problems easier.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2537690;
    I've been and loved it. But a little too hot for me. After 44 years in Florida, I'm enjoying the climate here a lot better. But SA is a beautiful city. Especially the riverwalk area.
    Oh that's nice. Yea, the Riverwalk is a great place. Sometimes my hubby and I play "tourists" and stay in a hotel along the riverwalk.

Good times!

This city is growing though.........

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2537729;
    Oh that's nice. Yea, the Riverwalk is a great place. Sometimes my hubby and I play "tourists" and stay in a hotel along the riverwalk.

Good times!

This city is growing though.........
    My biggest disappointment there was the Alamo. Heard about it all my life, get there, its in the middle of urban sprawl (not way out in the middle of nowhere like I guess it once was) and its TINY. And if I remember correctly, there was a McDonald's across the street.

The Food in SA was FABULOUS!!!!! I'd go back just to eat.

Felt the same way in Jeuruseleum. All the places in the Bible are underneath massive churches. Kind of disappointing. I know that many, many, many years have passed, so you can't expect it to be like the Bible or like the original Alamo, but I guess you get a picture in your mind when reading about those places and then to see them, they don't live up.

However the Taj Mahal and the Pyramids did exceed my prior conceived notions.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2538030;
    My biggest disappointment there was the Alamo. Heard about it all my life, get there, its in the middle of urban sprawl (not way out in the middle of nowhere like I guess it once was) and its TINY. And if I remember correctly, there was a McDonald's across the street.
    I hear that alot. Even I can't believe it's the real Alamo.

Also, there is no basement @ the Alamo.

The Food in SA was FABULOUS!!!!! I'd go back just to eat.
    Ah yes........food is awesome here.

FORT Fogey

I agree on all counts regarding San Antonio. I'd been warned about the Alamo, which I think aided in protecting me from the dissapointment. The riverwalk is such a fabulous asset to the city! It's unique, memorable, and a lot of fun. And the food? Oh MRD you're so right about the food!!! I still dream from time to time about the chicken enchiladas I had there. I've never had enchiladas as good as I did in San Antonio and Austin! And what's the name of the flour mill there with the bed and breakfast? FABULOUS pancakes!

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2538039;

Also, there is no basement @ the Alamo.
    He he! I was in San Antonio last year for a family reunion. I kept driving my sister crazy everytime the alamo was mentioned, saying "Well you know there is no basement there". No one had any idea what I was talking about. FINALLY one of my distant cousins (I assume he was a cousin. I never figured out how we were related, so I write those people in as "distant cousin") started laughing and said something about PeeWee. I never realized just how pop culture deficient my family is!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2538042;
    I agree on all counts regarding San Antonio. I'd been warned about the Alamo, which I think aided in protecting me from the dissapointment. The riverwalk is such a fabulous asset to the city! It's unique, memorable, and a lot of fun. And the food? Oh MRD you're so right about the food!!! I still dream from time to time about the chicken enchiladas I had there. I've never had enchiladas as good as I did in San Antonio and Austin!
    The only place I've had better Mexican food was in Mexico. But I had some great Tex-Mex and Mexican food all over Texas. And some GREAT BBQ.

I'd love to go back to Riverwalk. But maybe not in July again. Some other time when its a little cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2538052;
    The only place I've had better Mexican food was in Mexico. But I had some great Tex-Mex and Mexican food all over Texas. And some GREAT BBQ.

I'd love to go back to Riverwalk. But maybe not in July again. Some other time when its a little cooler.
    Veruka....I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. Come back!

Rosie......we have good bbq here too.

The best time to come to San Antonio is in December, when the whole riverwalk is lit up with christmas lights. Beautiful!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2538057;
    The best time to come to San Antonio is in December, when the whole riverwalk is lit up with christmas lights. Beautiful!
    Wow, that is gorgeous! Between that and the good food, you just might find me on your doorstep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast