+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In my Ideal World

Re: In my Ideal World

Steph! Kail was your fav? I'm surprised!

Newf: Every woodworker I know is insanely envious of Norm. I used to have a crush on the guy

Everyone's ideal worlds sound lovely. I would also add- weather temps between 40 and 80. No humidity please.

And no disease with free health care for all.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2519940;
    Steph! Kail was your fav? I'm surprised!
    Actually, Nick. Kail was pretty low on my list.

ETA: In my ideal world, Nick would still be in the game... *sigh*
    Last edited by 11sstephanie; 08-11-2007 at 05:18 PM.

MRD

In my husband's ideal world, he would have Norm's workshop and a Home Depot in the backyard for supplies.

Oh and The New Yankee Workshop and Antiques Roadshow would run 24/7 on his tv.

(Newf, any home improvement project my husband undertakes, he will tell me it will take (for example) 4 hours and around $200. I automatically double both the time and amount because I know it always takes longer and costs more. He however remains optimistic that he can do it without running into snags and repeated trips to the hardware store and added time and money.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my husband's ideal world, people would stop asking hypothetical questions.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2521744;
    In my husband's ideal world, people would stop asking hypothetical questions.
    . In my husband's ideal world, most people would just stop talking to him all together. He does not like to talk on the phone, idle chitchat and most social gatherings. He's always been a loner type person. I'm the exact opposite. I would wither and die without having lots of contact with all kinds of people.

His ideal world is to own about 40 acres on a mountain with a waterfall to provide hydroelectric power, big fence around the entire property, self sufficient living with garden/hunting/fishing for food. He wants to barricade himself in (and me with him) with no influence from the outside world, except the nice convenience of electricity and hot water to bathe in. Otherwise, he could travel backwards in time about 200 years. He has this whole huge end of the world plan for living. Very detailed. I was surprised at how much thought he's put into it. Buildings for smoking meat, an arsenal, etc.
    With the plans he's made, I figure that FBI will be investigating him shortly.
    I swear when I married him, I had no idea he wanted his own private militia compound. Only with him, it would be just the two of us. No other guys in camo running around playing war games in the woods. He's not a white supremicist, not into some weird cult religion, not anti-communist seeing world ending in thermonuclear war. His thing is Global Warming and how to survive if the predictions come true. Just wants to live far away from the idiots in the world and to be left alone to hunt, fish and build things. Mostly be left alone. I should have known because his nickname when I met him was Rambo.
    I would last about a week before I'd need civilization.

My ideal world involves grocery stores, shoe stores, people to talk too and not having to build a fire in the wood stove to stay warm and cook. And definetly not having to clean and dress what I'm cooking for dinner.

Leo
    Premium Member

Here's another one, inspired by my wonderful neighbors:

- People would be forbidden from singing Celine Dion songs.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2521764;
    I figure that FBI will be investigating him shortly.
    That cracked me up.

There would be no such thing of making fun of people... :nono
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2521784;
    That cracked me up.
    My husband is definetly an eccentric. But I love his quirkiness. Not sure the FBI would see it as harmless quiriness thought.

In my ideal world, there would be no alarm clocks or at least the snooze button would go off every hour instead of every 9 minutes. (why 9? and not an even 10? I should post that in things I never understood)

My snooze is 8 minutes, and I have one travel alarm that has a 4-minute snooze cycle. I HATE IT!

The great thing about being an old curmudgeon is that I can come up with LOTS of stuff for this thread

IMIW, people who play games and make-believe for a living would be paid less than those who actually contribute to society.

IMIW, politicians would have a priority list of "Country, represented district, party, self" instead of the other way around.

IMIW, God would not be used as justification for questionable acts.

More to follow, I'm sure
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast