+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planes To Vegas

Re: Planes To Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2505011;
    Be prepared for terror the likes of which you've never known! Then ride it again!! yay
    Good luck with the audition!

So you've been on the X-Scream? I'll freak, shake, knees knockin' ... Then I can say, "I Did It, & lived to tell about it!" But I doubt I get back on it after the fact!

Still workin' on Saturday... Gotta get that plane ticket! Trying to get off work too! I need to tell them to get over it!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

BoBo, I recommend going at night, it's actually less scary (I know that doesn't seem possible). It's when you roll backwards, that's what got me. But it is worth it, and you will have bragging rights!

Good luck with the flight!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Fogey

Expedia offers a full month grid for fares on all airlines, similar to the one John mentioned. I usually use Expedia or Orbitz to figure out which airlines have the best fares, and then go directly to that airline's website to see if I can save a little booking directly with them. You usually can. I agree with those who've said, when you see a good fare BOOK IT! Even if no one else does, they'll often go up when you get closer to the date just because its closer.

Also travel related -- provided you know for sure you will definitely rent the car, never rent a car any way other than priceline. If you do the name your own price thing with rental cars, you can get GREAT deals, and on the size car you want instead of driving a tin can just because its cheap. YOu can't cancel once you book it, so you've got to be sure you need it. But unlike airfares and hotels with them where you're at risk of being stuck with bad connections or a bad location, a car is a car.

Thanks lopevian & veruka... I just gotta get out there by Thurs.
    Haven't given up yet, but getting close!
    I keep passin' up deals due to circumstance~!

Reminds me of a part in "Rapper's Delight!"

....."they call it a victim of circumstance!" lol
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 08-08-2007 at 12:34 AM.

FORT Fogey

BoBo, you MIGHT want to try priceline if you're that desperate. There are some risks -- you could get stuck on a flight with multiple connections that is logistically crappy. But, you'd also get a price you're willing to pay. There are absolutely some risks which you need to weigh. But if you really want/need to go, and you're able to be flexible enough to make it work, it COULD be an option.

Considering you posted this on the 1st, and you need to leave tomorrow(?), and you haven't booked yet, I'd say you're screwed for low fares.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12