+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you have never understood!

Re: Things you have never understood!

Veejer, let me help...debit = bad, credit = good.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie;2500517;
    The Boston area is always fun... I love that you can be going NORTH on Rte 128 and SOUTH on I-93 at the same time...
    Yeah. That too. My cousin moved to Boston 4 years ago...he's starting to get the geography of it...

Geography. I could have sworn that Minnesota was next to Nevada...maybe a little above, but apparently it's at the top of the country and in the middle! And I'm no better with Canada. I spent 2 years thinking that Calgary was near Maine-ish. I couldn't for the life of me get why Nickelback thought that they were 3000 miles from home...then I got home and looked on a map...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I had the hardest time with left and right. It dawned on me, when I was nearly sixteen, that since I'm right handed..."write is right". I never had any trouble with left and right after that.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2500867;
    PG, the way I remember the "port" side is that port and left both have 4 letters.
    that's EXACTLY how i remember it!

i've always been fairly good at math, but i'm very directionally challenged. when giving me directions, do NOT tell me north/south/east/west. tell me left or right please!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl;2499421;
    Shameful to say but as a teacher I've never found the greater than and less than symbols easy to understand in maths. I mean < and > . I really have to THINK about them as much as the kids I'm trying to teach!

AND I have never understood all that atom, proton, electron stuff in science, even though I got a good grade in my A level science!

Anyone else got any "mental blanks"
    I've gone through plenty of years in school learning about the < and > symbols and I'm always stumped. I'm in my second to last year in high school and I'm just now beginning to understand them better. Haha.

Hee...my kid taught me this...the arrow always points to the smaller number!

I remembered it with the greedy gator .. he always wants the biggest piece < chomp!

I like to bid on many things on EBay and usually bid within the last five minutes of the auction....where I can be on hand to up my bid if necessary.

All the auctions end in Pacific Time (I am in Eastern). So, yes, I realize I have to subtract 3 hours from the time the auction ends out west for it to end here on the East Coast. At times that is not enough, since they do the military time deal. So instead of just subtracting 3 I have to figure out just what time the darn auction ends if it is anytime after noon!

Sometimes I end up figuring it out on a scrap of paper! And sometimes I still get it wrong and miss the end of the auction.

Great thread!

I have a great sense of direction. Drop me down anywhere and I can tell which way is North, South, etc. And, Port is always the left side of the boat or airplane (same number of letters). The < always points to the bigger number (alligator taking the bite). Oh, and "I before E except after C" is a good rule in spelling. Guess that is what happens when you have a pilot and an English teacher for parents.

However, fractions and measurements are difficult for me. I never can remember how many teaspoons there are in a tablespoon. Or how many ounces there are in a cup.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I always have to say "30 days has September, April, June and November
    All the rest have 31, and February’s great with 28 and Leap Year’s February’s fine with 29" to remember the number of days in a month.

+ Reply to Thread