+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Things you have never understood!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Re: Things you have never understood!

Or, shudder, black socks with sandals. There ought to be a law.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2618370;
    ANY socks with sandals, really.

I also don't like shorts paired with socks pulled up and shoes on. But I don't know what I'd prefer , it depends on the situation I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2618370;
    So what would you have me wear with my Speedos and lime-green wife-beater?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2619428;
    So what would you have me wear with my Speedos and lime-green wife-beater?
    The rules of fashion state that this is all dependant on the length of your mullet. If, "the party in the back" is less than eight inches, Uggs are the shoes of choice. If, however, the "party" is eight inches, or longer, one is supposed to wear Crocs, with rhinestones in them, and toe socks (most of you are probably too young to remember socks with a different colored cover for each toe. I got mine in the 70's and they were striped with wild colors).
    Last edited by nliedel; 10-19-2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Newf, you can't keep teasing us with the speedos...we need a picture so our visualizations are all on the same page!

If you dig around in the "What do you look like?" thread, you'll find post #5154:

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2412204;
    Here's the Speedo photo you've all been waiting for. Sorry it's not the orange Speedo; it and my green wife-beater were in the laundry.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I don't know what I was thinking, Newf, I guess since you always have talked about the speedo and lime green wifebeater, I needed an actuality rather than a visualization. Yes, you're right, it will suit the purpose!

FORT Fan

I have never understood people with no manners. For instance, if you ask for someone's help with something and that person takes time to look for a solution for you, you should at least say Thank You.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven22;2620386;
    I have never understood people with no manners. For instance, if you ask for someone's help with something and that person takes time to look for a solution for you, you should at least say Thank You.
    I'm with you on that one. I just don't understand the lack of common courtesy for a lot of things especially people slamming doors in your face when they see you carrying an armful of stuff trying to get through the same door they just walked through and let slam behind them.

I also don't understand why some people make mountains out of molehills.
    I am volunteering in a history museum. We have an exhibit that is a "generalization" of what slave life was like in this particular area of the state. For the most part, this particular area did not have huge plantations with numerous slaves, but small farms where only 1 or 2 slaves worked alongside their owners. Yet one woman was SO incensed that we did not include "plantation life" that she made a huge scene in the middle of the museum and let EVERYONE without several blocks know that HER great, great, great, great grandfather owned a plantation with over 20 slaves. It took 3 docents to calm her down and I don't think my remark of "I don't think that's something I'd be bragging about" helped the matter any. But I had had enough of her showing out in front of 30 8 year olds who were watching it like the soap opera it ended up being. And MY job was to look after the 8 year olds, not deal with a spoiled, bigoted woman bragging about how freaking great it was for her family to be "planatation and slave owners".

But in my small experience in the museum, we've had to deal with about 3 people that make huge mountains out of tiny molehills because we didn't include something about THEIR prestigious family. We'd be the size of the Smithsonian in Washington had we included every single scrap of history instead of trying to condense it for the general public into a manageable form.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall! I don't mean to laugh(well, really I do), but is this woman one of importance (in her mind) in the area? I have known several people like that.

+ Reply to Thread