+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Things you have never understood!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Things you have never understood!

It all tastes yuck to me...and what it does to your breath...double yuck!

I've never understood why men don't like to read directions to assemble something, even if they are struggling.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2544592;
    I've never understood why men don't like to read directions to assemble something, even if they are struggling.
    We don't like people telling us what to do.
    We don't need no stinking directions.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy;2544545;
    If you are a true coffe fan, you may be interested in hearing that McDonalds is on record as having better coffee than Starbucks! No, really! Look it up. Sadly, it is all too true. Who knew!?
    I would have to say that I prefer McD's coffee to Starbucks. I've said many times here that I think Starbucks tastes burnt. As I drink regular coffee and not all the fancy coffee drinks, I'd prefer to get a 99 cent cuppa at McD's than a close to $2.00 one at Starbucks and it tastes better.
    We call it Fourbucks anyway.
    I can't add enough splena and half and half to make Starbucks coffee drinkable and it ALWAYS ends up upsetting my stomach. So I'll take McD's over Starbucks anytime.

As for the breath, that's why I always carry breathmints. I have hoped it might keep the weirdos away from me, but despite having coffee breath, they still manage to single me out to tell me their insane life story. I have a magnet for strange people inbedded somewhere in my body. I'm sure the aliens planted it there.

I don't understand why I can't go enjoy good music (our town has free music on Fri. nights), get out for a bit and just enjoy things without both husband and daughter wanting to always go home! UGH, why can't they just sit and listen and relax in public. Why must it always be at home in front of the tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2544597;
    We don't need no stinking directions.

I was going to post the exact SAME thing.

I don't understand a store like AC Moore or Michael's doing 50% off coupons and then putting everything in the store onsale so you can't use the coupon. Well, I do understand it, but it just irks me. If I get a 50% off coupon, I want to USE it.
    I've been waiting for one of these because of a picture frame I want to buy and of course, everytime they do a coupon, the frames all go on sale.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-25-2007 at 08:27 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Because deep down, we know that we are smarter than who ever wrote the instructions, and that there is a better way of assembling the item. We make it our mission to find that easier way, even if it means bursting an aneurysm in the process.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2541296;
    Another thing I've never understood is what it is about the taste of milk that some people love so much. I must have some kind of bizarre gene that makes it taste like one of the more disgusting things in the entire world, I'm sure.
    omg, for me, there's nothing better than an ice cold glass of skim milk. sometimes i don't even bother with the glass (my daughter and i are the only ones that live here and she doesn't like milk either, so the jug is ALL MINE). but yummmmmm, i LOVE milk.

but it has to be ICE COLD. not semi-cold like when you first bring it home from the store. it has to be in the fridge overnight before i drink it. that probably stems from when i was a little girl and my mom, trying to save money i guess, wouldn't buy regular milk, she bought carnation powdered milk and would mix it as we needed it. it was so freaking WARM for my tastes that i HATED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2543724;
    I've never understood how people drink coffee black, no sugar. I'd be scared of these people in a dark alley.
    i HATE the taste of coffee but i LOVE the aroma of it!!
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 08-25-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2545279;
    i HATE the taste of coffee but i LOVE the aroma of it!!

On somebody's breath??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2545463;
    On somebody's breath??
    hahahaha, i guess i should clarify. i love the smell of coffee grounds before it's made.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2543688;
    What exactly do you mean when you say "pop drink"?
    I mean the Ice teas such as Lipton Brisk or Nestea. That's all we have here. We don't have the chilled real teas. Weird, eh? Though I can't imagine ever liking the American version. Just too bitter I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2544989;
    I don't understand why I can't go enjoy good music (our town has free music on Fri. nights), get out for a bit and just enjoy things without both husband and daughter wanting to always go home! UGH, why can't they just sit and listen and relax in public. Why must it always be at home in front of the tv?
    Go alone, and actually get to enjoy it. There will be plenty of folks around you could talk to if you like, I'm sure.

I don't understand why more people won't do trips or entertainment solo.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quite frankly, I never read directions either until the last couple of years, for the simple reason it was easier to struggle to put something together than try to decipher what someone wrote. The instructions I've been seeing lately with pictures seem to make it easier.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread