+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 292

Thread: Things you have never understood!

  1. #201
    Thinking femme fatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a world of my own
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,631

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2543366;
    I never fully understood (till a few years back) that American Iced tea and Canadian Iced tea were such different things.
    Where the iced tea drink is just cold tea in the States and here it's the pop drink. That for some reason boggled my mind .
    And then there's Long Island ice tea as well...

  2. #202
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    38
    Posts
    667

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2543425;
    And then there's Long Island ice tea as well...
    Personally, my favorite of all the iced teas discussed!

  3. #203
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,351

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    What exactly do you mean when you say "pop drink"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #204
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2543335;
    Well, from my experiences, iced tea in the south usually has an obscene amount of sugar, so I can hear you out on that one. That's something that "I have never understood."
    Yep, here you have to ask for "unsweetened tea". "Regular" tea is sweet.
    Sweet tea is one of the very few Southern "foods" I don't like.
    I prefer iced tea with lemon, no sweetener at all.

    I've never understood the problem with getting cold drinks when I've traveled abroad. Drinks are not very chilled and its almost impossible to get enough ice even when you ask for it.

    And don't order cereal unless you specify cold milk. I learned that early. Having Cherrios, means they serve it with hot milk. UGH!
    Last edited by MRD; 08-24-2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #205
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,351

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    I've never understood how people drink coffee black, no sugar. I'd be scared of these people in a dark alley.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #206
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2543724;
    I've never understood how people drink coffee black, no sugar. I'd be scared of these people in a dark alley.
    Me too and one of them would be my husband. But he said he got used to it in the army because you don't get the luxury of cream and sugar out in the field.


    I personally like a little coffee added to my splenda and half and half. Not the other way around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  7. #207
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    38
    Posts
    667

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    mrd - my ex said they used to eat the instant coffee grounds if they didn't have water in the field. That is totally yucky, but I guess if you need the caffeine, and it's the only way...

    I've never understood how people can't tell the difference in taste between regular soda and diet. The taste of diet makes my tongue roll and do weird things trying to get rid of the taste! But my friends and co-workers think I'm crazy because they can drink regular soda and diet interchangably, and it all tastes the same to them. Not to me - diet has a strange sweet taste that isn't right.

  8. #208
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2543731;
    mrd - my ex said they used to eat the instant coffee grounds if they didn't have water in the field. That is totally yucky, but I guess if you need the caffeine, and it's the only way...

    I've never understood how people can't tell the difference in taste between regular soda and diet. The taste of diet makes my tongue roll and do weird things trying to get rid of the taste! But my friends and co-workers think I'm crazy because they can drink regular soda and diet interchangably, and it all tastes the same to them. Not to me - diet has a strange sweet taste that isn't right.
    I can tell a difference in them. I usually drink diet soda and have for so many years that I can't drink a regular soda now. It tastes bad to me. My husband cannot drink diet for the same reason. So we can never share a drink anywhere unless we get plain water.

    I would have to draw the line at the coffee grounds. My husband said he got used to the black coffee because you had to have something to stay awake if you were on guard duty and black coffee was ALL there was, so he drank it and got used to it.
    He said later, they started putting powdered creamer in their field rations, so he would use it in his canned peaches and pretend it was "peaches and cream". He said you'd do anything to make that food somewhat palatable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #209
    Courtesy and Goodwill Mantenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,504

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2543724;
    I've never understood how people drink coffee black, no sugar. I'd be scared of these people in a dark alley.
    Fear me. I always take my coffee black.

    The only thing about doing it that way is that I don't enjoy the terrible, big-corporation, slave-labor brands, because the only way they're palatable is to mask their basic taste. I don't really count that as a loss, though.

  10. #210
    FORT Fogey snoopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    900

    Re: Things you have never understood!

    If you are a true coffe fan, you may be interested in hearing that McDonalds is on record as having better coffee than Starbucks! No, really! Look it up. Sadly, it is all too true. Who knew!?
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.