+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you have never understood!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Things you have never understood!

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2541316;
    I'm with you on this one - except my reaction might be a bit less severe. It doesn't make me gag or anything (ipecac), but I do not like the taste of milk at all. The only way I can stomach it plain is for it to be ICE COLD skim milk. I do think anything other than skim would make me gag. I can do it on cereal, in recipes, etc, like you, but a plain glass of milk.... well, the appeal simply eludes me. I know I should drink it for the calcium and vitamin D - but I can get those in supplements and they're added to my orange juice, which I drink all the time.
    r.g., this will sound foolish, but I can't even watch people drink it, or look at a gallon sitting on a table. I either have to block the view or look away.

And I don't understand why people never have a pen and ask to use my pen. The answer is, "No." I wouldn't think of being without a pen.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't like the taste of milk either. Years ago I found some way to sort of block my taste buds when drinking it -- I know that sounds weird, and I have no idea how to explain it, but when I was little, I'd actually hold my nose -- and I take a bite of something right after to change the taste in my mouth.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm of the age that my mom used to put our vitamins in our milk-yuck! I can't stand it to this day.

I find this milk discussion fascinating, because I'm one of those folks who has always loved milk. Many years ago I switched to skim milk, but recently I was given a glass of whole milk at a restaurant by mistake, and was shocked how thick it was. I remember thinking it had the consistency of melted ice cream and wondered how in the world I stomached drinking whole milk growing up. But I can go through a gallon of milk by myself in less than a week because I drink 2-3 glasses a day. Poor Lucy, having to hold your nose in order to drink something sounds awful.

Even as a milk lover, putting vitamins in milk sounds ghastly, famita.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Oh 'shay, what about warm milk?

I forgot to mention that one earlier, but that idea just makes me sick. Nu-uh, no way is warm milk going in my mouth.

Hot cocoa or something else made with milk is acceptable. Warm milk is not.

you can add me to the milk haters club. I've never been able to stomach plain old milk. I can drink chocolate milk but it has to be ice cold. I'll just stick with my iced tea.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well then I'd better join roseskid in the milk lovers club. I drink some glasses a day. And is there anything better than a glass of ice cold milk with cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2541394;
    Well then I'd better join roseskid in the milk lovers club. I drink some glasses a day. And is there anything better than a glass of ice cold milk with cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven?
    I can think of only one thing: wam chocolate chip cookies
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2541394;
    Yes......water or tea.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Or, best yet, apple juice!!

+ Reply to Thread