+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you have never understood!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Things you have never understood!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2537696;
    Now, I would definetly have to say I am not an idiot person. Can't stand people that are idiots. Or rude. I just dealt with a very wealthy man who was the rudest SOB I've ever had the misfortune to run across. He treated everyone around him like we were all completely beneath him and not worth the time he had to spend around us. I am definetly not one of those kind of persons.
    And I definetly don't understand why people like that think they have to act like that and treat everyone so badly.
    I am definitely with you on that one! But you know what, when Mr. Richie Rich is sick or injured or dying....he's just like the poorest of the poor! That teeter-totter definitely balances out.

And I don't understand Michael Vick. All of that talent, with so much to lose, and he is bottom-line stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2537701;
    And I don't understand Michael Vick. All of that talent, with so much to lose, and he is bottom-line stupid.
    This one I do understand--money can make you rich, but it can't make you smart.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2537701;
    I am definitely with you on that one! But you know what, when Mr. Richie Rich is sick or injured or dying....he's just like the poorest of the poor! That teeter-totter definitely balances out.

I don't understand people like that either. They have a good career, money, family, etc. and do something so completely stupid and jeopardize it all. I mean, we hear about that all the time.

The middle school my daughter attended had an ass for principal. I never did like that man, he made our life a living hell (I was PTO president). He had a good career, nice house, nice car, etc. He just got caught last month with his pants down around underage boys. So he's just been arrested.

Another teacher in the same school district was also a little league coach and got caught growing marijuana.

Do people really have so little self control or think they won't get caught that they are willing to jeopardize their careers, house, family, etc.???

I have just never understood that kind of mindset. Why run the risk?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2538024;
    I don't understand people like that either. They have a good career, money, family, etc. and do something so completely stupid and jeopardize it all. I mean, we hear about that all the time.

The middle school my daughter attended had an ass for principal. I never did like that man, he made our life a living hell (I was PTO president). He had a good career, nice house, nice car, etc. He just got caught last month with his pants down around underage boys. So he's just been arrested.

Another teacher in the same school district was also a little league coach and got caught growing marijuana.

Do people really have so little self control or think they won't get caught that they are willing to jeopardize their careers, house, family, etc.???

I have just never understood that kind of mindset. Why run the risk?
    Hmm. When I was 21 or 22 a principal at a school a suburb away was also arrested for being a peeping tom. What was so strange about it, is everyone should of seen the red flags. He invited the girls swimming team over for a pool party at his house. One of the girls saw a red light in his bathroom and the authorities were later contacted. I can probably find the article if I look it up.

On another note. I don't understand why soap and shampoo aren't in the same aisle. They go hand in hand when I take a shower, why can't they be in the same aisle.

The other thing I can't figure is about myself. I run 35-40 miles a week, but I am lazy over the stupidest things. Like walking across the room to pick up a pen. When I am lazy, I am always able to rationalize it with running. I say Justin, you don't need to pick the pen. You ran 7 miles today. You need a rest.

Another thing is why are remote controls so loseable. I think I get the trait from my father. Also why do men keep flipping the channel more then women.

Oh one last thing. When we know nothing good is in the refrig, why do we check back 20 minutes, thinking the fridge is going to have the food I want. I wonder if men do this more then women?
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-21-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Why has no one ever put some kind of "chirper finder" in a remote, kind of like The Clapper?

And, why won't so many people who can't find the remote, expend lots of time and energy looking for it instead of walking a few steps to the TV to turn it on or change the station??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2538359;
    And, why won't so many people who can't find the remote, expend lots of time and energy looking for it instead of walking a few steps to the TV to turn it on or change the station??
    You can do that?

I'm actually doubting you can do that in very many tvs anymore. I saw one once that didn't even HAVE an on/off switch actually on the tv. Weird. I always said that I was my dad's remote. He'd just have me and my sister turn the channels for him.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

An idiot friend of mine once taped several yard sticks together because he could not find the remote, and he wanted to "dude channel surf", but he didn't want to have to leave his recliner. I can't tell you how foolish he looked!!! This man had no shame.

prhoshay, my ex brother in law did kind of the same thing. He went out and looked all over the woods until he found himself a long, thin, but inflexible stick to use as a channel changer
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

These stories have me laughing and reminded me of something that happened when Little Rose was about 6. Mr. Rose absent mindedly took the remote to work with him. I know, what's up with that? Keys, check. Wallet, check. Coffee, check. Remote, check. Anyway, he called when he got to work to at least let me know, and when Little Rose heard, she said, "but how are we going to change channels when I get home from school?" I showed her that you can actually do that on the tv, and explained that in the olden days, we didn't have remotes. Looking shocked, she said, "oh you poor thing."
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread