+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Live Blood Cell Analysis

Live Blood Cell Analysis

I'm wondering if anyone has had a Live Blood Cell Anlysis done. I had seen a demonstration many years ago. My aunt has decided to go and she booked me for an appointment in the morning.

It's a controversial thing; some people say it's hokey, and other says it's a good way to find out if you are having nutritional problems.

It's a very simple blood test that is looked at immediately through a fancy microscope and it's project onto a screen so that you can see what your red and white cells look like. It takes about 30-40 minutes.

Has any one done this or know of anyone who has?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Re: Live Blood Cell Analysis

I think a good place to start would be Wikipedia. It appears to be complete bunk.

Live Blood Analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the links John. I had a look at them.

I rather enjoyed my little outing. It was fun to see blood on a big screen and see what red cells, white cells, proteins, cholesterol, and such look like moving all around. I expected the lady to recommend nutritional supplements as that is what LBCA is about. She did not make any scientific medical claims and openly had you sign a paper that this is for nutritional guidance only.

It was interesting and I wasn't forced to purchase anything. She recommended different things for my aunt and I. She did not hard sell anything at all and even suggested that much is available in regular health stores, even though she does sell certain brands that are not available to the public. She was actually quite in line with what a medical Dr. who is very nutritionally geared had told me years ago.

I wouldn't replace LBCA with actual medical advice if one has a problem, but I'm always interested to see what's out there. This turned out to be a rather harmless adventure on my part.

I did buy something to see if it would help my sugar cravings. I've gone through a lot of ice cream during this heat wave and it's not helping my weight loss program one bit!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Well I think that's kind of cool. I remember looking at live blood cells in biology and thinking that it was pretty neat.

And as far as it being bunk, for years Alternative medicines were considered quackery and now, regular medical doctors and even insurance companies are recommending and paying for alternative treatments.

I know you have a good head on your shoulders Miss Kitty, so you'd know if you were being taken in or not. I think when you have medical conditions that the medical community can't or won't treat, that sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. I have met several people with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and even MS that have had to go the alternative route because their doctors have told them, there is NOTHING else we can do for you at the present time. Are we supposed to then sit and suffer? Not me, I would want to explore all the possibilities in the hope that I could find something that helps me, even if it was outside the realm of "traditional" medicine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

Here's another link with more information:

Live Blood Cell Analysis

I think you just have to be really proactive and do a lot of research to learn as much as you can about whatever it is you are dealing with.

misskitty - I think you are right, it was pretty harmless, but yeah - be wary of anyone trying to sell you a bunch of nutritional stuff. Most of it is crap you don't need that doesn't work. Your best bet for nutritional advice is to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2519953;
    ...be wary of anyone trying to sell you a bunch of nutritional stuff. Most of it is crap you don't need that doesn't work.
    Not only that, but when I worked as a pharmacist's assistant, we made sure to tell people that taking too many nutritional supplements (as it now seems to be the trend) can be as dangerous for your system as taking too many drugs.

My honest opinion is that many of these people prey on victims. People that have tried everything and are at their most vulnerable and gullible. I'm not saying everyone is a victim and there is surely no harm in trying it for fun and maybe buying a product or 2, but some people really get suckered into it and make it a way of life.

I knew a girl who was suffering from chronic pains and went to an iridologist (http://www.body-mind-sport.com.au/irid.html). That girl was completely taken advantage of, in my opinion.

MRD

One thing I have learned is that people with auto-immune disorders should avoid taking supplements that boost the immune system. By boosting the immune system, you are making it stronger to keep attacking the wrong things that an auto-immune disorder has wreaked havoc on. Did that make any sense? Hopefully you understand what I mean.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree Marley...most of it is pretty harmless, and if it seems to be helping, no harm done. My problem is that I have never heard of a person entering one of these offices, having a "diagnostic test" done and being told, "you are perfectly fine and don't need to purchase these very expensive products I have for sale."

+ Reply to Thread