+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Does your husband, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend

Does your husband, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend

get pissed off your on here? Do they not understand it??
    My b.f is here and upstairs not speaking to me cuz he said I'd rather be on here than with him. I have about 5 windows open and am playing chess too. So, it's not just here. It's pretty much just the computer. I work on them and I just pretend I'm working -do the samw with my boss but, I really suffer there-now I do feel a bit guilty about this but, I have to have my "cruise fix & my FORT fix"!! And I always start my day off with a game of chess. (or a few)

Imagine. Jealous of a computer!! Silly!
    IMO it is anyway......
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My wife will usually let me know when I'm neglecting her for the computer. But, we always watch prime-time TV together every evening, so it's not like I'm in here ALL day. And since I work from home, and she's home too, we really end up spending a lot of time together.

Well John it's cool she at least tells you and it sounds like in a nice way.
    my boyfriend has flipped out and walked out.

I just get off here when he comes down. He's not here all the time (thank god) but, if I lived with him - it would be a serious problem.....
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My husband doesn't understand, but also doesn't mind. I am rarely on in the evenings, unless he wants to watch something on TV that I have no interest in and there's nothing else on... then he'd probably rather I be here than complaining about what he's chosen to watch

When I mention people from the FORT I have to remind him of where I know them from...

"Ya know, my friend in _______________ " (fill in the state/country/city)

"Oh, from the computer, that's right"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

My wife knows the common names I toss around - fluff, LG, Paulie, Cali, and the rest of the mods (wow, that sounds like the first season of Gilligan's Island, where they said "and the rest" - no slight intended, of course).

When I mention someone she hasn't heard of, she gives me a wierd look, and I have to say "from the site". Like someone named "feifer" would be from real life.

But, I've always spent a lot of time on the computer, she at least knows what I'm doing and that I'm not sitting in an on-line gambling site, wasting our savings.

I think the prob we have here is we know a few people named John, Paul, Bill... and other real names, that when I say them he's temporarily confused

The people I only know by screen name he figures out pretty quickly
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by John
    When I mention someone she hasn't heard of, she gives me a wierd look, and I have to say "from the site". Like someone named "feifer" would be from real life.
    Yes, but do you pronounce it Fyfur(as in Michelle) or Feefur? My brother called me Feifer for at least the first 3 years of my life.

My husband was not to excited about the FORT at first. He asked a lot of questions and read a few of the funnier posts and saw that the chatroom is usually empty or sparse and does not mind so much now. If I am not online part of the day I talk his ear off. With FORT I get a chance to interact with a wide variety of people and get to be creative by writing to my heart's content. He sees that I am happier in general and when Mommy's happy everyone is happier. He really enjoys when I lol at stuff and often wants to know what is so funny. It has become something that we share every now and then and he knows who I am talking about most of the time when I mention Forties(especially since he has read some of their writing). I suggest getting your SO involved or hopping offline more times than not when they are there. Even if they are watching something on TV that you are not particualarly interested in. When you join in things that you are not keen on, they are more likely to tolerate things that they do not particularly care for. Be considerate when your BF is there and either share your love of the computer with him or respect his feelings about it....or both. A little give and take will go a long way. Show him this post and let him know that we care about him too. The best to both of you.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

YESSSS!! WE JUST HAD THIS ARGUEMENT FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME LAST NIGHT! YEAH, I KNOW I'M YELLING!

I visit several message boards & my husband thinks I have a "problem" and he actually asked me if I had a cyber-boyfriend. He was only half joking.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

My husband has never mentioned it, but I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a little compulsive (hmmm, maybe this should be in the OCD thread). Trying to limit myself to three half-hours per day, morning, lunchtime, evening.

It's not working yet though.

Sleeping with George W
    I think if you're open with your SO and tell them what FORT is and make a point to talk about it to them, it's less threatening than if you're secretive about it. Like John, I can usually tell when my hubby or son are feeling "jealous" of the computer time, and I make sure to show them they come first. And I make very sure never to complain about how much he plays golf!

I'm so chatty to hubby about FORT that when we're watching or discussing reality tv, he will often ask me, "so what do the people online think?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast