+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Does your husband, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend

Stargazer.

Mine thinks we only discuss reality TV, so on Thursdays when he gets home from work he asks me what the spoilers say about who's getting the boot that night He was also thrilled when I emailed him the web page with the different shots of Janet Jackson's boobie flash. But describing him as, uh, "supportive" about message boards would be stretching it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    When I lived with my husband, who is a chess junkie, he would go in his office and play chess with his little chess friends for hours. Then he would play solotaire for hours. I didn't mind, I knew he needed his "down time" from his stressful job of trying to impress people all day by acting like a lawyer while actually being an idot. Out of the respect (that I used to have) for him, I would always tap on the door before sticking in my head to talk about whatever inane joke I heard on Will & Grace. I did wish he would spend more time with me, but...that's the way it was. I know I spend way too much time here, but I do live alone, and no one is being slighted by my attention to all you people.

Husband and I separated two years ago, but not because of his love affair with his computer. However just over a week ago I found out the love affair wasn't with the computer, it was with the seven or eight women he was dating and e-mailing back and forth while playing chess.

Looking back, yeah, I should have had a problem with it. Now the problem is his. Moral: Trust first, keep the office door open second.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Moral: Trust first, keep the office door open second.
    *threadjack*

JD, that reminds me of something my Mom used to say.
    "Trust your friends, but hide your money."

*please return to your regular thread*
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Well...my girlfriend thinks.....wait a sec, I don't have a girlfriend. Can I sue the FORT for prohibiting me from having a social life in the 3D world?

I find myself living in the FORT and...*gasp*...I've even turned down parties with friends so I could read recaps and spoiler discussion threads. Oh god, I have no life John, is there some 12-step program for re-entering the real world?

My co-workers know about FORT. I was busted the other week. Looks like my screen name carried over into the 3D world now. Except, I hate when they call me "Speedie" when around the ladies. Doesn't leave a good impression.

Speedbump, you don't ask your 'dealer' how to cure your addiction
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    *coughSpeedycough*
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Can I sue the FORT for prohibiting me from having a social life in the 3D world?
    Only if we can make it a class action lawsuit
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    "Mr Crazy" only once gave me a hard time about watching reality shows and talking to people online about it.

I just plainly informed him that I stay at home with our two children all day long, raising, nurturing and loving them, and that this is the one guilty pleasure to my name. (I'm not a shopaholic, soapaholic, etc.) and if that is the worst thing I do, he should be on his knees thanking me!

I usually post in the mornings because my kids are now in morning pre-school and when the occasional Thomas or Angelina Ballerina tape is going. (Like right now. )
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    My problem is with cards...I used to play hours and hours. I admit, it WAS way too much. But I have curbed that alot and have it to a more controllable addiction. But, when it was at it's peak, my gf would think I was talking with "someone" and it DID cause alot of turmoil in our relationship. Of course I was NEVER flirting/cheating or anything with anyone...but I understood her jealousy and have made changes. Only cause I know that I'd feel the same way. We met online eons ago and we both know how easy it can be (if you LOOK for it) to "cheat".

We work together too. So, when I found the Fort and she would hear me tapping away at the keyboard and giggling... she signed up!
    Her and I are two different species though in regards to "addictive" personalities...she's a Fortee but doesn't find it NECESSARY to be here everyday..as opposed to me, who feels it IS NECESSARY!!

ETA: So, yes..depending on where and how much time is spent..there is jealousy. But not at the Fort.
    Last edited by Maveno; 02-04-2004 at 06:24 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

My husband works the graveyard shift at a bakery, so our family time is precious. When he is home and awake you won't find me in front of a computer.... on the flip side of that the bugger walks into the house, kisses me and our daughter and heads straight for the office. To check his hockey/football/basketball/golf pools. Moments later I can hear the sound of his fave game site
    I know he talks to people on there, women included. He seems to attract the grey haired set for some reason.
    I don't worry about him talking to people no biggie... and I have seen some of the stuff that's been said in the chat room of the site he frequents. Eyebrow raising to say the least. Meanwhile I am at a calm, PG13, thought provoking site - where internet dating is frowned upon and posts meet or exceed site limitations.
    What bugs me is he will tell me about something funny that was said and I laugh, when I tell him something that is equally hilarious he tunes out. :rolleyes

So, I'd have to say no, my SO is not jealous of the time I spend at the FORT because it never cuts into our time together.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread