+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Does your husband, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend

FORT Fanatic
    I don't know, Stevie - I don't think you should give up things you like just because your boyfriend is around. He'll have to get used to it sooner or later. I really despise any hints of jealousy though, so my advice is colored by that. I would hate it if my SO asked me who I was talking to every time I was on IM, in a suspicious way. Sounds like he has some problems with jealousy.

But if she is serious about her BF then cutting down Fort time WHILE he is around isn't a bad thing. Like Isaid, my husband knows I spend time here, but when he's home I am not on often at all. It's time for us.

Jealousy can be bad, but having NO jealousy at all can be bad too, there is such a thing as a healthy amount.

Stevie, it sounds to me as though you've got things handled very well.

The FORT will always be here, so if you hang with your BF when he's around it's no biggie, you can visit us when he leaves

Now, if you two move into together, I guess it might be different....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree Cali. I only spend time at the FORT when Mr. Bravo is here if it's not possible for us to be doing something together.

Life is too short to not take advantage of every moment you could have together.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

stevie, i think you just have to convince your boyfriend that he doesn't come second to your computer. it's funny, i'm on the computer alllllllll the time, but my bf is on even more. i have moments where i feel neglected by his computer. i just tell him and he rolls his eyes and makes me feel like an ass, but then i get to have my time with him watching a movie or whatever.

on the flip side... your bf needs to know that computers are part of who you are. you definitely can cut back on your time online to spend time with him. that's healthy. but if you cut back so much that you aren't happy, you are going to resent him. definitely give him some attention, but don't forget about your own feelings...

and to some extent, i can understand ppl's jealousy of online relationships and friendships that develop online. LOTS of ppl meet and form relationships these days from online encounters. and i have known ppl to cheat with ppl they meet online. and i have seen relationships fall apart b/c of non physical, but very emotional relationships that are established online.

Definitely - I've fallen in love with...Oops, I've said too much.

Originally posted by John
    Definitely - I've fallen in love with...Oops, I've said too much.

Dish, John. I'll pass her a note during gym class.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I don't log on very much if I'm actually with my wife for the same reason Bravo gave above. But she knows I frequent the site and have good friends here. She also knows about the article writing I do for the site and reads my precaps and so forth. I also print off other recaps for her so she can read them at her leisure.

So, in short, she knows how much I enjoy it here, and she doesn't mind. She knows, too, how excited I am to have an outlet for my writing and how much that means to me, so she's very supportive of that side of it, as well.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh, and plus Mrs. Paulie is one cool babe and totally rocks!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Paulie, that and the fact that your writing is all done when normal human beings are asleep

My current boyfriend doesn't mind my internet fervor. He teases me about it occasionally, but he respects me and my space. I'm not embarrassed about my online time. There are other, more important things to be embarrassed about.

We don't live together. Nor do we spend time doing our own thing in shared space. When we're together, we spend that time doing things that reality tv producers would happily pixelate.

+ Reply to Thread