+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Does your husband, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I would say like Mr. Cali, Mr. Bravo doesn't understand it, but he doesn't mind.

I usually am on in the day time anyway (on my days off) or before work and at lunch on days I do, so it's no biggie. In the evening, if he's home and awake, I'm not online much anyway.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

My husband & I spend a lot of time on our computers... we computer games together, chat online etc etc... and neither have a problem with this. I let him know and he lets me know if we need to do something else for awhile.... the computer is our TV basically, since we dont watch a lot of TV overall

I look at this board as a "Chatroom" really, not much different from AIM or ICQ, except we chat in posts instead of chatting "live" ....

It's addicting, a lot of computer activities are, so be careful, I know a lot of couples that are on shakey ground because of this.
    Just remember that this board is HERE it's not going anywhere, so if it's a choice between spending time with your boyfriend for awhile or going on the computer, resist the urge & pay him some attention I know how they feel because my husband gets addicted easily to games and stuff and I get hurt sometimes cause I feel neglected & the computer almost becomes like "another woman" ..... but I let him know & he's aware of it too ....

(not to mention I've got PLENTY of ammunition if he ever accuses me of spending too much time in the FORT! lol
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

My husband doesn't mind at all. I guess he figures if I wasn't chatting here, he would have to listen to me talk about TV shows he has no interest in.

We are both very computer orientated, he spends more time online then I do, but I have my times and places and he has his.

He does like hearing about different topics and what is happening, I think he liked my old chatroom better, that almost turned into a soap opera for him hearing what happened in everyone's lives.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by nlmcp
    My husband doesn't mind at all. I guess he figures if I wasn't chatting here, he would have to listen to me talk about TV shows he has no interest in.

That is so my husband! Mr. Spegs is less jealous of my time than he is jealous of the computer's time. "Um, honey, are you going to be done soon...?"

I've been trying to get him to read Paulie's pre-caps. He used to be a survivor fan (before basketball cut into our Thursday night date) so I know he'd love them, but he hates to admit I am right about anything so he refuses to give them a try. Plus, I think he fears becoming an addict like me.

When I mention "John said" or "Cali was talking about" and he realizes I'm talking about someone on the FORT he gives me the big eye roll :rolleyes
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

My wife has started saying stuff like "so what are they saying about Joe Millionaire this week?" when she sees a commercial...Or if we're watching AI, she'll be like "does anyone on the board LIKE Simon?"

I'm sure she could care less, but she makes an effort. I try not to talk about the board TOO much. I was a computer geek when I met her, and I'll be a computer geek for life, so she accepts it most of the time.

Every once in a while, she'll say something to the dog like "your daddy's been on the computer all day, tell him to come out and give us some attention."

Mr. Bravo did the rolling of the eyes thing too, until we were visiting Colorado last year on a short vacation and were able to have lunch with the Paulie-gang. After meeting them he clearly understood why I enjoy chatting with such great and intelligent people here at the FORT. (and since he doesn't watch any reality shows I'm sure he's happier that I am not trying to talk to him about it too! )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Originally posted by Wyndemere
    I feel neglected & the computer almost becomes like "another woman" ..... but I let him know & he's aware of it too ....
    Very, Very Bad, No-good, Chavinist Reasons Why My Computer Is Like Dating a Woman

1. It takes an increasing amount of purchases to keep my computer happy.

2. There is nothing in the way of sex with my computer.

3. If my computer tries to tell me something is wrong, and I ask what it is, I can't make heads or tails of the answer.

4. Sometimes, my computer will have a breakdown, for no discernible reason.

5. When I first build my computer, everything will be beautiful for about two or three months. After that, I start fantasizing about a younger, sleeker model.

6. I try to hide the silly or stupid stuff I do with my computer from my other friends.

7. Often, the computer will stop responding, and when I try to discover what the problem is, I get even less response.

8. When the hard drive gets too fat, I know it's time to upgrade (or replace) my computer.

9. Left unsupervised, my computer will answer any query from strangers, revealing dangerous facts about our relationship that could be used against us.

10. I love my computer and don't know what I would do without it.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

As I type this, my bf is sitting watching To Serve and Protect. It's a Canadian type COPS.

He has no clue what I'm doing. But we've only been dating for 3 months or so.

I haven't actually confessed to him about the FORT. It's just never come up. I think I'm more embarrassed to tell him that to about 100 or so FORT posters, I'm known as Miss Filangi.

If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Haha! That's funny MissF.

Mr. B always forgets my "handle" and when he asks and I remind him I DO get the eye roll. (and he was even a Combat Missions fan )

well. Feeling a little sneaky now. I am looking for a new job because I'm terrible when I'm not supervised. Sounds really immature. But, I am a bit...LAZY
    just a little. When I'm working on a project I usually stick to it -I've been sick a lot and one of my bosses let me work at home til I'm 100% better and I've taken advantage.
    I do make up for it though - which leads to not a lot of sleep.
    So far as my boyfriend goes. I would not even try to deal with him and me on the computer. He doesn't like me playing chess because I play on-line and with real people. He has watched me play and if I type hello - he'll say WHO ARE YOU TYPING TO!??
    Very suspicious. But, I don't blame him because I did meet someone (about 5 years ago) playing chess. He knows that and it just freaks him out. If he knew I posted as much as I do he'd flip out. My daughter spends a lot of time on the computer so far as music goes and the AIM thing with friends. She thinks any other type of communication with people is just strange. I've been working on computers so long it's not strange at all to me.
    My niece I have to watch because she goes on the AIM thing to but, I've caught her talking to strangers. SHE thinks message boards are strange but, chat rooms talking to strangers is OK. She's also only 15. So she is strange just because she's 15 -
    I think I need to cut my time down on here, get my work done and when my boyfriend is here stay off. Even chess. Just not worth the problems. Like I said though, he doesn't live with me sooooo.....not a big problem - not for now anyway.
    Whew! Sorry I rambled on there.....trying Molly's "thing" 1/2 hour in the a.m and 1/2 hour at lunch then the evening. This just took up half my lunch to write.
    Thanks for the advice - very much appreciated.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

+ Reply to Thread