+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My big, fat, Swedish wedding

Re: My big, fat, Swedish wedding

Those pics are beautiful, Geek. Congrats again.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I can't believe I missed this thread!

Congratulations to YOU, Mrs. Geeky!!! You look absolutely stunning and I'm so happy for you!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

The weather gods were by my sister's side this Saturday. They had the ceremony in a park and the party at their house, so for the ceremony good weather was crucial. But it was sunny and warm when they got married. Some of the other guests said that it did start to rain as they left (we left earlier to help out) and once we were at their place they had the house as well as party tents to help out.

They had also planned some questions about themselves that the guests entertained ourselves with when they were off getting their pictures taken. Turns out yours truly knew the couple the best (which wasn't a big surprise as me and my sister are really close).

She looked really beautiful with her hair up and in curls and a beautiful blue, layered chiffon dress. The ring was beautiful as well.

All in all it was great fun but it is a bit weird that my sister has a different name now.

The hen night/bachelorette party we had a couple of weeks ago was also great fun. We did both her and his parties on the same day and neither of them had a clue, it was a total surprise to them. We dressed her up and took her out for different activities; letting her bake a cake at a bakery, a makeup class, some games (like mechanical bull and sumo wrestling) and some karaoke. It was also really fun and she liked it a lot, especially since it was a total surprise to her. Tomorrow they're off to Italy for the honeymoon.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 07-30-2007 at 04:59 AM.

Sounds like a good time was had by all, femme. I'm glad everything worked out well. Congrats to the happy couple!

At first I thought you were getting married in the blue wig. Congrats, Geek. You made a lovely bride.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Geek the Gloriously Gorgeous! You had the big day at last! You have my congratulations and warmest wishes for a long and happy future together. You look divine, as always, but with an especially ecstatic glow, as befits your special day. You and your husband look wonderful together, and it is heartwarming to see your families have become so close.

Hey Femme Fatale, my felicitations to your sister as well. I love hearing about life in Sweden!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

elk

My very best wishes to you, Geek (and Mr. Geek, of course). Thank you for directing me over here and sharing your beautiful wedding photos with us.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Somewhere in Reality Tv land I hear faint sobs of boys...Yep! She is now off the market!

Congrats Geekthegirl!! Thanks for sharing your pics, as they were awesome! *Raises a glass* Cheers! for a lifetime of happiness and loooove! Best wishes to you and your (very handsome) hubby.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

MRD

Aw Geek, you look beautiful. Many happy years ahead for both of you.
    Loved looking at all the photos. Excuse my very faulty memory, but did you say you made the cake? Or am I thinking about someone else saying that?
    I thought it was beautiful as were all the photos, except maybe the masked friends.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks, myrosiedog! Much as I'd like to be able to say I made the cake, I so didn't. I can hardly boil water, much less make an elaborate wedding cake but bless your heart for thinking of me as a domestic goddess. We ordered it from a bakery.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast