+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about setting a photo slide show to music

MRD

Question about setting a photo slide show to music

I have a girlfriend turning 40 soon and I have a lot of great pictures and was thinking about making a slide show of the pictures and setting it to a song I know she likes, then burning it to a CD for her.

Does photobucket do this? Do you know of any other sites that I might be able to use to do this.

Any suggestions on how to do it, what to include or not. Anyone ever done this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Question about setting a photo slide show to music

Have you tried playing around with Windows Movie Maker? You can drop in pictures, add effects, and import music if you'd like. I haven't used it a whole lot, just goofing around, but it didn't seem too hard to work with.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2479724;
    Have you tried playing around with Windows Movie Maker? You can drop in pictures, add effects, and import music if you'd like. I haven't used it a whole lot, just goofing around, but it didn't seem too hard to work with.
    Would I have that on my computer? Or do I have to download it.

I am not very technical and while I can email and surf the web, I get very confused very easily with some of this "computer stuff".

Thanks for the info on this. I'm really excited about doing this. I saw a great one done for someone not too long ago and I thought what a nice thing to have. My brother turns 60 in a few years and I thought if I can learn how to do this, then I'm going to do one for him for his birthday. But I have boxes of pictures to sort out first before I can do his. My friend I have her pictures on hand. It's the family stuff that got packed away in boxes hiding in the closet.

If you're running Windows it should be on your computer already. Click on your start menu, then 'all programs'. It should be listed up there somewhere. I've seen some really nice "movies" made using that program.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Do you have a CD burner? Most software for burning CD's has a program for creating slide shows and adding music to them. Many of the photo programs also have this capability.

MRD

Yes I do have a CD burner. And I'm looing for that windows movie thing.
    I really need to ask the teenager. I'm sure she knows how to do this.

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it turns out and if I need help or have pulled out all my hair.

OK, OK, (do I sound like Joe Pesche yet? ) I DO have the movie maker. Once I figure out how to use it and get my photos and music going, then I can burn it to a CD?

I am a complete dork when it comes to this stuff, so I appreciate the help.

Of course you can burn it Mom burned all of the family pictures that accidentally included me. She didn't have a fancy CD (which I assume means "combustion device") but we did have a barrel in which we torched our trash.

I think the music/photo tribute is a good idea. There was one playing during my brother-in-law's pre-funeral visitation that showed him from kid-hood to playing with his granddaughter. Nice memories at a sad time.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2480069;
    Of course you can burn it Mom burned all of the family pictures that accidentally included me. She didn't have a fancy CD (which I assume means "combustion device") but we did have a barrel in which we torched our trash.

I think the music/photo tribute is a good idea. There was one playing during my brother-in-law's pre-funeral visitation that showed him from kid-hood to playing with his granddaughter. Nice memories at a sad time.
    Actually a similar photo tribute at a funeral is what gave me the idea. But I thought it might be nice for the person to see it themselves while alive!
    And this is a woman that has everything, so you can't buy for her, so I thought this might be more meaningful.

+ Reply to Thread