+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Last Meal

FORT Newbie

Last Meal

Here's a topic from another board that I visit. The replies were pretty interesting and it's kinda neat to see all the variety:

If you knew for sure that you were going to be eating your very last meal---what would you eat?

No limits, since this is all a mental exercise....would you have a chef prepare your last meal or would you cook it yourself? If a chef, who? {and maybe why?}

Would you have company or eat alone? If you could pick the place with the largest picture window, what would you be gazing at as you eat?

Music or no? Candles or natural daylight? Eat inside or outside?
    Here's my answer:

I eat more food than most people I know (and I'm only 110lbs); so this might just be doable if I had the entire night:

Main Course: 12oz filet mignon with herbed butter and blue cheese on the side and a pile of sauted baby button mushrooms. Lobster tail with lots of butter. Baked chicken breast with cornflake coating.

Sides: canned sweet corn, heaping pile of mashed potatoes with gravy from baked cornflake chicken breast, baked potato with broccoli and cheese, 1 freshly baked cracked wheat roll, 1 slice fresh french bread with butter, a cup of homemade chicken noodle soup, shishkabob of grilled vegetables.

Dessert: three oreo cookie, one giant homemade chocolate chip cookie, one piece of tiramisu.

Drink: cold glass of milk, 6 Leinenkugle's Berryweiss, cup of Bluemountain coffee.

One pack of cigarettes.

I'm assuming you're not actually going to eat the pack of cigarettes.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Wow Ignatius... I'm a little embarassed to say that the meal you just described practically aroused me!

I would ask for unlimited sushi, especially with a lot of salmon and tuna pieces, which I would just eat with my hands (no chopsticks). I would down it with warm sake and keep eating it. I LOVE SUSHI.

I can't think of any specifics, but I know that I'd either want a large assortment of seafood or several plates of different Puerto Rican dishes!! I'd probably have to go with Puerto Rican food cuz it's the best!!!

If I was gonna die the next day, I don't think I'd have a traditional meal, I'd go to the most exclusive Las Vegas buffet & go round after round after round after round on the DESSERT table.

I'd eat all the cream pies & ice creams ... maybe if I had time afterwards, I'd stop by Coldstones for a last treat.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by dvm
    Wow Ignatius... I'm a little embarassed to say that the meal you just described practically aroused me!
    Well, food is an aphrodisiac...I'm pretty sure it isn't hard to guess what I'd be doing after the meal

If possible, I would have my mother prepare my last meal and have my family eat with me. I wouldn't care what it was because her doing something for me would mean so much more to her than my eating would mean to me. She would probably cook everything anyway. (I hope that makes sense). :chef

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Oh behave !

I would love to have an assortment of cheese fruit and bread, roasted lamb, whipped potatos, fresh butter and lobster tail, Prime rib, and some fresh frech fries coated in peanut oil.

Originally posted by Ignatius
    it isn't hard to guess what I'd be doing after the meal
    Groaning on the couch with both hands clasped to your distended belly?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast